2. Logistic Service- Ensure and maintain the company’s profitability by analyzing the needs of the company’s internal and external customers and soliciting and assigning freight to appropriate drivers. Maintain working relationships with internal and external customers and maximize profits by using telemarketing skills to resolve problems, answer questions, solicit freight and track shipments. Service customers’ requirements by understanding and maintaining the application of contracts and tariffs. Provide information to the sales department concerning existing and potential customers by maintaining knowledge of customers’ products, policies and procedures.
3. Assist drivers after hours.
4. Work conditions to ensure on time deliveries.
5. Check EDI for customers requesting this service after hours. Detail written process will need to be provided.
6. Manage truck and trailer breakdowns.
7. Monitor TC trailer alerts and react as necessary to reduce the liability of a claim.
8. Follow up on customer special request. Day shift relays to Extended daily or weekly as required.
9. Review all TC drivers to catch potential issues; i.e. a “condition”, a service failure, or driver availability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty mentioned satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Broad knowledge of such fields as accounting, marketing, business administration, finance, etc. Equivalent to a four year college degree, plus 7 to 11 months related experience and/or training, and 7 to 11 months related management experience, or equivalent combination of education