Corkboard Concepts has Pittsburgh-area clients seeking an experienced News Editors for its multi platform news sources: printed publications along with websites. Candidates must have extensive experience in content production of print publications and digital news websites. This position is also responsible for media relations and other important internal correspondence in the organization. The candidate must have a broad working knowledge of television, radio and print journalism and skills in establishing a positive image for the organization.
- Previous experiences in non-profit, corporate and faith-based organizations.
- Responsible for the planning, writing, editing and designing publications.
- Manage daily editorial flow including assigning multi-media journalists, photojournalists to cover daily news stories and events.
- Write and post daily stories to the digital news site, edit for monthly newspaper and magazine.
- Review and approve copy for all platforms.
- Serves as a consultant resource for the development of promotional material and communications.
- Writes news releases, articles, bulletins, radio and televisions scripts, letters, speeches, proclamations, messages, memoranda, policies, testimonies, and other correspondence.
- Develops and carries out media relations assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience in positions of progressive responsibility required.
- 2-3 years of management experience in content media departments preferred.
- Experience turning news platforms around to improve results preferred.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent video and technology skills.
- Broad understanding of newsroom operations and equipment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
- Proven and effective leadership skills; fosters open dialogue, empowers others, addresses conflict quickly and directly.
- Journalism: Skilled storyteller, journalistic ethics and libel.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19