The New Troop Start Up Specialist works to successfully support the establishment of multiple new Girl Scout Troops in a designated area through Troop Co-leader recruitment, onboarding, training, mentoring and girl programming support.
Working under the supervision of the New Troop Development Director and/or Recruitment Director, the New Troop Start Up Specialist secures parent participation in troop leadership roles including; Troop Co-Leaders, Troop Chaperone/Drivers and Troop Bank Account Signors. The New Troop Start Up Specialist also coaches new parent volunteers on best practices regarding troop management, meeting planning, and educational and fun G.I.R.L. experiences.
- Delivers programming in line with the Girl Scout Leadership Experience to members of a newly established troop for a defined period of time, typically up to 4 meetings.
- Secures parent participation in troop leadership roles including; Troop Co-Leaders, Troop Chaperone/Drivers and Troop Bank Account Signors and works with the New Troop Development Director to ensure the successful completion of membership registration and screening.
- Delivers New Co-Leader Orientation and training that is in line with expectations of the council’s volunteer experience and policies.
- Works with the New Troop Development Director and/or Recruitment Director to evaluate newly established troops, support their administrative needs, and communicate with new volunteers, girls and their families.
- Becomes an expert in the Volunteer Toolkit to help new troops take the lead with pre-set meeting plans, calendar planning and communication with families.
- Provides EPIC customer support and follow-up with members as assigned, by problem-solving, managing, and responding appropriately to all inquiries.
- Adheres to internal documented process for record keeping, member registration, volunteer onboarding, and troop support.
- Shares status and progress of work with supervisor during weekly meetings.
- Attends local community events, festivals, school or faith partner events and other opportunities to support lead generation for new troops, on occasion and as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.