The Brand-New Tru by Hilton in Gaylord, Michigan is looking for staff as we prepare to open! We are currently searching for Part-Time Laundry Attendants to join our team. Do you have previous Laundry or Housekeeping experience? Do you want to join a brand new hotel and get in on the ground floor? Submit your resume today to be considered! We hope to hear from you soon.
Providing a lasting first impression filled with the highest quality of hospitality service by ensuring linen and terry cleaned, folded, and stacked to company and brand standards, anticipating guest(s) needs, and exceeding expectations.
High School Diploma or GED Preferred, along with previous experience working in Laundry or Housekeeping within a hotel setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy public atmosphere.
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance professionalism in appearance and behavior.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Know and live the mission and values of the hotel brand and company.
- Maintain a friendly and helpful demeanor at all times. Greet every guest with a smile at 10 feet and a verbal greeting at 5 feet.
- Report any equipment malfunction to Maintenance or Manager immediately. Submit work orders, as needed.
- Separate and wash terry separate from linen. Always use gloves when sorting. Always shakeout linen and terry when sorting and look for anything that may cause injury (needles, etc).
- Ensure rags are cleaned separate from terry/linen and to standards.
- Assist with preparation for pick-up/drop off and return of items cleaned by vendor (drapery, window valences, etc.).
- Ensure that all linen and terry is free of stains and tears prior to washing.
- Pre-spot stained linen and terry before rewashing.
- Load and unload washers and dryers being careful not to overload either machine.
- Fold linen in accordance with established procedures.
- Fold and stack clean towels, removing any stained or torn linen/terry and place in appropriate storage location.
- Clean dryer lint screens every load.
- Adhere to established productivity standards.
- Clean exterior of all machines in laundry room daily.
- Check/refill washer chemicals, as needed.
- Sweep and mop laundry floor daily.
- Deep clean the entire laundry area once per a week.
- Practice safety standards at all times and keep the property safe for guests and fellow employees. Know location of fire extinguishers. Use wet floor signs as required. Report any injuries and/or unsafe conditions to the person-in-charge, immediately.
- Follow proper use of approved chemicals and accurately label chemical containers. Always use gloves and goggles when handling chemicals.
- Clean guestrooms during peak periods, if necessary, while maintaining productivity standards.
- Know how to perform House Person’s duties to standard and assist if needed.
- Assist with or perform Linen Inventory as required.
- Ensure security and confidentiality of all guest and hotel information and material.
- Practice energy conservation at all times.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area in accordance with hotel standards. Complete daily/weekly cleaning schedule.
- Attend work on time and adhere to attendance policy.
- Complete the daily shift work Checklist & Production Sheet, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Public, business atmosphere, located within building in which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Lifting, carrying, or otherwise moving up to 25 lbs. regularly and up to 50 lbs. occasionally with assistance. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be able to reach over your head and bend to the floor.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $10.50 – $11.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
To keep guests/staff safe and healthy, clear, plastic barriers will be installed at front desk work stations. Masks, gloves and hand sanitizer will be provided and social distancing required. Enhanced levels of cleaning/sanitization will be utilized.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Laundry: 2 years (Preferred)
- Housekeeping: 2 years (Preferred)
- Hospitality: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma