New Insurance Processor – Woodland Hills, CA
BenefitMall is a national provider of employee benefits, payroll, HR and employer services. Working with a network of more than 20,000 Trusted Advisors, we enable small and medium sized businesses easy access to affordable quality workforce solutions including employee benefits, payroll, compliance, and HR Solutions. Our employees enjoy an inclusive company culture that helps them exceed their income by providing career growth opportunities while maximizing their talents and contributions to the organization. We also offer standard medical, dental, and vision benefits along with a casual work environment, tuition reimbursement and pet insurance.
Part of our team, you will work with health Insurance brokers and carriers to evaluate new business cases and ensure timely approval and processing of applications.
- Evaluates new case and add-on risks, assuring timely and quality underwriting by:
- Evaluating enrollment materials and detailed medical records to determine underwriting actions.
- Enroll new groups and members on carrier’s online systems.
- Review final rates, benefit options, and underwriting requirements.
- Contacting agents/brokers when a case has been reviewed to request additional information.
- Generating quotes, based on actual enrollment, to ensure accurate premiums are being sent to the carrier.
- Notifying agents/brokers of overdue premium payments and status of cases, whether the cases are approved, declined, or withdrawn.
- Adhering to Company confidentiality standards of information.
- Assists in the processing of broker of record change letters and licensing for agents to assure new agents are correctly paid, carrier guidelines are followed, and agents/brokers are properly appointed with each carrier.
- Answer necessary Broker questions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, with a minimum of one (1) year of underwriting or related medical insurance experience. Associate degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical conditions/terminology and insurance products.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Word, and Outlook Exchange; proficient in Internet Explorer.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of internal and external personnel, both verbally and in writing.
- Read, comprehend, and interpret underwriting procedures, requirements, regulations, and contracts.
- Negotiate with agents and brokers.
- Maintain complete confidentiality of information.
We are an EOE F/M/D/V
BenefitMall provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected status. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the Human Resources Department.