AEG Worldwide is the world’s leading sports and live entertainment company, with offices on five continents. The company uses its global network of venues, portfolio of powerful sports and music brands, ticketing and content distribution platforms and its integrated entertainment districts to deliver the most creative and innovative live sports and entertainment experiences that inspire athletes, teams, artists and fans.
STAPLES Center has clearly established itself as the sports and entertainment center of the world. As the home of four professional sports franchises – the NBA’s Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Clippers, the NHL’s Los Angeles Kings and the most recent 2016 WNBA Champions Los Angeles Sparks – STAPLES Center has proven to be a home court advantage for the local teams. The AEG owned and operated arena continues to distinguish itself as the host of major, high-profile events of national and international distinction including the 2004 & 2011 NBA All-Star Games, 2002 & 2017 NHL All-Star Game, 2000 Democratic National Convention, 2009 World Figure Skating Championships and 17 of the last 18 GRAMMY Awards shows. STAPLES Center’s sixteen years have also been marked with performances and special events that brought international stature to the downtown Los Angeles venue including concerts Taylor Swift, Beyonce, Prince U2, Paul McCartney, Garth Brooks, Usher, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Keith Urban, Roger Waters, Britney Spears, Katy Perry, Ed Sheeran, Kendrick Lamar, Sade and Justin Timberlake, as well as world championship boxing, family shows and special events. Hosting over 250 events a year, the arena’s reputation for world-class amenities, features and commitment to quality of service and the guest experience is second to none. Staples, Inc. entered into a 20-year agreement to become the arena’s Naming Rights Partner December 1, 1998, which has since been extended into perpetuity.
Manage all networks and network infrastructure for STAPLES Center, Microsoft Theater & LA Live. This role is also responsible for end user requirements and event support.
Examples of Duties/Essential Functions:
- Architecting and implementing solutions for switching, routing and network security.
- Daily monitoring of networks.
- Prioritize, complete and oversee projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Accurately document network designs, performing diagnosis, investigation and resolution of network systems for users, tenants, partner activations and events.
- Network infrastructure life cycle management, patch management, current network config backups.
- Develop and update processes and procedures using an ITIL framework
Specific Job Knowledge/Skill/Ability:
- A minimum education level of: BA/BS Degree (4 year) (Advanced Degree Preferred) in a related field.
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- Complete understanding of IP-based networks for the purpose of implementation, operational support, monitoring and troubleshooting with a focus on Cisco solutions to include LAN Switches, WAN Devices (routers and firewalls), Network Security devices, Network Management Tools, Wi-Fi Devices (AP’s, Controllers, servers) along with VOIP.
- Strong Knowledge of Layer 2 networks including Spanning Tree, loop and broadcast detection and advanced troubleshooting skills.
- Deep understanding of IP routing protocols including OSPF, BGP, MPLS, IGMP and VRF along with the ability to troubleshoot complex routing issues.
- Advanced knowledge of network device management/configuration interfaces (graphical and character based) and underlying operating systems.
- Excellent network management and monitoring skills.
- Strong knowledge of SQL, VMWare and their dependencies on the network.
- Familiarity with Ethernet cabling, CAT 5/6 cabling, Communication rooms, MDF/IDF layouts within a campus environment.
- Ability to create and write clear, complete documentation including policies/procedures and diagrams.
- Ability to grasp new technologies and concepts.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills including high degree of attention to detail and accuracy.
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written including network documentation using Visio.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting as well as independently with minimal error and guidance.
- Ability to bend, squat, push, pull and carry up to approx. 25 lbs.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook) and ability to learn required business systems.
- Current and valid CCNA.
- Must be able to work an irregular schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays in order to adapt to business need
- Experience with Palo Alto firewalls and Splunk SIEM is a plus
AEG reserves the right to change or modify the employee’s job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. AEG may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.
AEG is committed to developing a diverse workforce reflective of the marketplace and the communities in which we do business. We believe a diverse workforce is not merely an advantage; it is mandatory for any company to be successful in today's business climate.
This Employer is subject to the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance (FCIHO) (LAMC 189.00)