What you’ll be doing…
Join Verizon as we continue to expand our industry-leading network to improve the ways people, businesses, and things connect. Verizon is positioned to lead the “Fourth Industrial Revolution” (4IR) with the emergence of technologies like our best-in-class 5G network and the Internet of Things (IoT) to impact a wide variety of industries such as healthcare, education, manufacturing, public safety, government, and many others. We are in the midst of historic breakthroughs in connectivity and mobility to blend the physical and the digital through cutting-edge technologies such as virtual reality, augmented reality, artificial intelligence, autonomous vehicles, nanotechnologies, 3D printing, wearables, and advanced robotics. As part of this team, you will play a critical role in our network transformation through building a unified network across all lines of business and maintaining the technology that keeps millions of our customers connected.
Verizon is looking for an individual to join their IoT Service Management team responsible for managing the availability, reliability, performance and capacity of IoT applications and end-to-end IoT services. This individual will join the IoT Service Availability group within this team. This group is responsible for managing and resolving complex end-to-end IoT service and application issues to ensure high availability and reliability of the service to our customers.
- Managing and resolving IoT issues generated from automated alarms, customer facing Support teams and internal Product and Development teams
- Detecting and resolving issues in a proactive manner before they can impact the platform and/or customers.
- Utilizing their knowledge of IoT service architectures, call flows, support models and processes they will analyze the issues to either resolve them or engage and coordinate amongst internal SME teams as needed to assist with issue resolution.
- Create and continuously update knowledge base data and Return-To-Service (RTS) documentation used to trouble-shoot and resolve IoT service and application issues to improve the efficiency and speed of resolutionn.
- Develop training documentation and perform training for Tier1 and Tier2 operations and customer facing support teams to enable them to effectively troubleshoot and resolve IoT customer issues quickly without the need for escalation, increasing resolution times to maximize the customer experience.
What we’re looking for…
You’re tech savvy, and well-versed in all things telecommunications. Working independently is as comfortable for you as being part of a team. No stranger to a fast-paced environment, you manage multiple assignments, and competing priorities while staying focused on important deadlines. As a strong communicator, you can quickly build relationships with a diverse range of people and explain complex technical issues in a way that everyone can understand.
You’ll need to have:
- Associate’s degree or two or more years of work experience.
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Willingness to travel
Even better if you have:
- A degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Five or moreyears in Tech Support/System Management / Engineering
- Specific IoT knowledge and work experience
- Knowledge of KPI tools including Netscout, SevOne, and IrisView
- Knowledge of LTE, IMS, VoLTE and IoT connectivity and provisioning call flows
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to drive teams to consensus
- Knowledge of cloud computing, Network Functions Virtualized (NFV), and Software Defined Networks
- Experience with SQL
- Willingness to work 24×7 shifts
When you join Verizon…
You’ll have the power to go beyond – doing the work that’s transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G – a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you’ll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we’ll go far.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer – and celebrate our employees’ differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.