- Provide technical support for large private communications network.
- Handle first line of support for customer and field calls into an operations center.
- Log calls and perform preliminary investigations into reported network issues.
- Create trouble tickets and initiate workflow for problem resolution.
- Monitor, analyze, and troubleshoot network problems within an operations center utilizing network management and monitoring tools.
- Employs various test methods used to remotely analyze fractional Enterprise Data networks including fractional T1; T1; fractional T3; T3; Ethernet; IP; and RF.
- Interprets equipment alarms in the network on premise equipment or telco’s network and move forward towards service restoration.
- Resolve problems using internal and external groups as needed to correct trouble on the network and interact with the customer.
- This position is part of a 24×7 network control environment. Shift and workday flexibility is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications Engineering, Networking, Information Technology or related field, and 6 years of related experience.
- 6+ years of experience that requires physical layer and routed technologies experience.
- 6 years of experience networking technologies experience with RF, SONET and Time Division Multiplexing.
- 6+ years of experience with Network Management systems and tools.
- 6+ years of experience in remote maintenance and repair of the following network equipment: Cisco, Eastern Research, APC, and Aviat.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Previous experience in telecommunication call centers.
- Prior experience required in maintaining high service levels in a demanding customer support services environment.
- Experience in UNIX and Remote Access solutions is a plus.
- Experience with call center phone systems and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to support short-term emergency evacuation to local or remote backup facilities.
Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.