ULC Robotics is a leader in product development and engineering services for the natural gas, energy, industrial and electric distribution markets. We are committed to solving operations and maintenance problems while reducing costs, increasing efficiency and improving safety. ULC operates under four divisions capable of performing a wide range of specialized services to accommodate the industries we serve.
ULC works with gas and electric utilities across the US and UK to develop and deploy robotics systems, inspection systems, and unmanned aerial systems. This unique opportunity allows you to work within a dynamic environment among some of the brightest minds in the field.
ULC is headquartered in Hauppauge, NY but the position will require work within the US and Northeast. Named one of the top 50 global robotics companies by Robotics Business Review.
ULC continues to grow at a rapid pace. We are proud of how our technology helps utilities minimize their impact on the environment and the public while lowering operating costs.
ULC Robotics is searching for a Field Technician to join a team that operates and maintains a robotic system which performs critical repairs from within buried natural gas Pipelines. An interest in and comprehension of mechanical, pneumatic, and electrical systems makes you the perfect candidate for this job.
We encourage your application if you have an interest in the field of the robotics and utilities or a background in any related field such as automotive, Construction, Mechanical aerospace, fabrication and repair.
ULC Robotics will provide proprietary extensive paid training for this unique opportunity. This unique opportunity allows you to work within a dynamic environment among some of the brightest minds in the field. You will receive training in order to become familiar with our robotic system, as well as all components of the repair operation. ULC will also provide training on gas piping and systems as well as inspection and repair technology.
- Operating our robotic system within a natural gas pipeline and becoming proficient with our proprietary robotic equipment.
- Routine maintenance, troubleshooting and basic field repairs of system components.
- The ability to maintain a spare part inventory as well as any items supplies.
Completion of daily field reports and all other required documentation.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must be hands-on with mechanical, pneumatics, electronics and troubleshooting.
- Valid driver s license with a clean driving record
- Capacity to drive small utility trucks.
- Ability to pass a mandatory drug/alcohol test and background check, including random drug screens per DOT regulations
- Capable of lifting and caring equipment weighing up to 75 lbs
- Willingness to work in all varied weather conditions
- Ability to climb ladders
Our team is motivated, dedicated and thrives on developing industry-leading products and services that can transform the way our clients work. We foster a unique work environment that inspires employees to express their ideas and work collaboratively towards finding innovative solutions to problems. We attract top talent by offering some of the best benefits in the industry. Some of the benefits we offer our team are listed below:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 4 weeks of PTO on an annual basis (prorated on date of hire)
- Aflac Insurance programs including