We are seeking a National Compliance Coordinator to assist in the development, monitoring, management, and quality of Community Options, Inc’s Compliance Program. This candidate should possess strong attention to detail skills, the ability to deep dive, audit, and assess an organization’s compliance. The National Compliance Coordinator will be responsible for updating and developing new policies and procedures.
This position will support our operations in Pennsylvania and Maryland and frequent travel within these regions is required.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3+ years related work experience.
- Working knowledge of how to manage an effective compliance program, including training, monitoring, conducting and documenting investigations.
- Ability to address violations and monitor corrective actions.
- Background of the non-retaliation and whistleblower protection rules and regulations.
- Commitment and knowledge of community based support for persons with disabilities.
- Excellent presentation and verbal skills.
- Experience using Microsoft Office 365.
- Initiate and maintain compliance plan policies, procedures, and practices to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Ensure that regulatory changes in federal and state programs incorporate Medicare and Medicaid, HIPAA requirements, and the OIG annual program component.
- Develop, coordinate, and participate in educational training programs that focus on the elements of the compliance program.
- Strive to ensure that all appropriate employees and management comply with pertinent State and Federal health care program requirements.
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures.
- Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of violations.
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk via monitoring and auditing.
- Implement corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic issues.
- Monitor the performance of the compliance program and related activities on a continuing basis.
- Perform ongoing information assessments to ensure that information systems are adequately projected and meet HIPAA certification requirements.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Fast paced environment.
- Minimal hazards, general office working conditions.
- Insurance Options (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- Paid Holidays—Including a Birthday Holiday
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Employee Incentive & Discount Programs
- 403b Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Exceptional Career Growth Opportunities
If interested, please click to apply or send your resume to [email protected]
Do work that matters, COI is a national non-profit agency that provides services to individuals with developmental and intellectual disabilities within 11 states. Community Options, Inc is also an Equal Opportunity Employer.