The National Accounts Manager (NAM) responsibility encompasses sales strategy development and execution as well as account and relationship management efforts with the assigned Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs) and Group Purchasing Organizations (GPOs) in their assigned geographic area. The NAM will lead and coordinate efforts across the Dx sales and support teams to drive influence necessary to achieve strategic revenue and profitability targets for each account. The NAM will drive all contracting activity at the national level for each established and targeted account. Must thrive working in a fast-paced, team-selling oriented and innovative environment while remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient. Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to develop important relationships with key stakeholders, good conflict management and negotiation skills, ability to analyze complex issues to develop relevant and realistic plans, programs and recommendations. Demonstrated ability to translate strategy into action; excellent analytical skills, ability to lead without authority, and communicate complex issues in a simple way and to orchestrate plans to resolve issues and mitigate risks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent may be asked to perform other function-related activities in addition to the below mentioned responsibilities as reasonably required by business needs.
- Achieving the territory sales targets and key stakeholder / KOL engagement plan objectives.
- Development and execution of national account business plans that are aligned with meeting territory, corporate and commercial business objectives
- Deliver business results ensuring all promotional activities are fully compliant with Company policies and Legal and Regulatory guidelines
- Develops, implements and manages geographic area key accounts (IDNs / GPOs).
- Identifies immediate organic growth opportunities within each account as well as renewal and extension of existing contracts.
- Proactively identifies critical risk areas and develops mitigation strategies
- Collaborates with Senior Director Government and National Accounts as well as all other relevant sales and support roles (Regional Sales Managers, Account Executives, District Sales Managers, Diagnostic Specialists, Field Application Teams, Medical Science Liaisons, Medical and Scientific Affairs, Marketing, and other corporate functions as needed) to drive execution and success.
- Ability to think critically to navigate complexities in a large multi-site, multi-functional, healthcare entity.
- Problem solver and willingness to take appropriate risk in order to seek solutions
- Leading without authority to accomplish necessary business with others both internally and externally
- Participates in and evaluate competitive activity, identify key opportunities and develop specific market objectives, strategies, tactics, and action plans that optimize business performance for the territory.
- Analyzes the market to understand the local healthcare environment (reimbursement, coverage, healthcare delivery models, changes in standard of patient care and patient pathways) and uses this knowledge to identify and leverage business opportunities.
- Identifies and engages KOL support
- Identifies and develops hospital/IDN advisors/advocacy to address policy and business issues as well as product and platform decisions
- Collaborates with all appropriate internal resources to build long-term strategic partnerships with targeted hospital/IDN accounts.
- Serves as the key single point of contact and HOLOGIC subject matter expert for targeted accounts and serves as the key point of contact for all internal stakeholders.
- Demonstrates thorough understanding of the HOLOGIC portfolio of products and services and their impact on patients, payers, institutions, health systems and healthcare providers.
- Identify, develop and leverage advocates to facilitate decision making in favor of HOLOGIC.
- Utilizes market data and industry knowledge to anticipate and understand business trends and developments.
- Participates in industry meetings, exhibits and conventions, as appropriate, to build business relevant relationships.
- Contribute to the HOLOGIC elite culture in a meaningful and positive way necessary to drive top level engagement.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the basic knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required:
- Proven ability to navigate complex accounts to build relationships and drive product advocacy with all key stakeholders and decision makers within assigned accounts
- Critical understanding of complex integrated healthcare delivery networks and group purchasing organizations as well as the changing market landscape.
- Strong analytical and computer capabilities to evaluate and analyze territory, market, customer needs and objectives and outline business opportunities.
- Ability to create territory/account business plans to engage customers in areas of mutual interest; align internal stakeholders on plans of action and coordinate account and company resources to execute.
- Experience working with all levels of management and consulting with key business stakeholders.
- Strong team player that has a customer service approach and is solution oriented.
- Attention to detail and the ability to work individually, within a matrixed team, as well as with external partners and vendors.
- Possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel (including overnight) 50-75% (depending on territory)
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment, and communicate regularly with all relevant stakeholders
- Ability to rapidly acquire knowledge of Hologic product(s) as well as the competitive landscape in the molecular diagnostics industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills required
- Demonstrated ability to deliver key messages across a vertical and horizontal decision-making matrix
- BA/BS degree required.
- 8+ years successful medical device, diagnostics, or healthcare sales experience; Proven track record of strong strategic complex selling skills and relationship management
- 3+ years of experience hospital/IDN, GPO or key account management required.
- Expertise in Microsoft Windows and Office, specifically Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint, Excel and other popular business software desirable
- Work is performed in a home office.
- Regularly required to travel up to 50-75% of the time
Agency and Third Party Recruiter Notice:
Agencies that submit a resume to Hologic must have a current executed Hologic Agency Agreement executed by a member of the Human Resource Department. In addition, Agencies may only submit candidates to positions for which they have been invited to do so by a Hologic Recruiter. All resumes must be sent to the Hologic Recruiter under these terms or they will not be considered.
Hologic, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer inclusive of disability and veterans.