What do you think of when you hear the word “career”? Longevity, stability, promotions? Maybe even being a part of a work family? A home away from home? Here at Waste Management (www.wm.com), you’ll find all of those things and more. We are the most stable company (Fortune 250, symbol: WM) in the most stable of industries: environmental solutions. And we’re the best at selling the most reliable service around. Everyone needs what we can provide!
Location: 2712 Lowell Rd – Gastonia, NC 28054-1430
I. Job Summary
This is a fast-paced position requiring a dynamic sales support professional, with systems experience and top-notch organizational skills. Under direct supervision, coordinates projects and activities for marketing products or services for National Accounts. Must have organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, supporting client requests, systems, process requirements, and operating units.
- Completes National Accounts (NA) broker bids and pricing requests.
- Negotiates bids using WM’s internal pricing tool.
- Researches existing accounts and customer contracts using Salesforce.com.
- Manages and completes reports for our internal WM teams using Microsoft Excel, as well as reports for customers.
- Processes service changes and new customer requests.
- Daily management of several email inboxes containing time sensitive information.
- Coordinates the creation and production of sales and marketing materials for NA.
- Maintains customer database and generates internal database information.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
A. Education and Experience
Education: High school diploma or G.E.D (accredited).
Experience: Zero (0) to four (4) years previous experience (in addition to education requirements).
Preferred: Experience with Salesforce.com and Microsoft Excel strongly preferred.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) occasionally;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements occasionally;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. In addition, we have a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401k plan, flexible spending accounts and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click “Apply.”