Currently Recruiting For: NARM- Welder/Mechanic Maintenance Technician
Peabody Energy (NYSE: BTU) is the world’s largest private-sector coal company at a time when coal is the world’s favorite fuel. Around the world and around the clock, Peabody’s business platform on six continents creates a strategic advantage. Our coal products fuel 10 percent of all U.S. and 2 percent of worldwide electricity generation. Peabody markets, brokers and trades coal in the world’s fastest-growing economies, with trading and business offices in China, Australia, the United Kingdom, Venezuela, Singapore, Indonesia and the United States. And we are a global leader in clean coal solutions, advancing a dozen clean coal projects and partnerships worldwide.
Celebrating 128 years and a heritage of success and growth, Peabody Energy has earned a reputation as a respected employer and enjoys an annual retention rate of well over 90 percent. Peabody achieved record global safety performance in 2010; the last three years were the safest in our history. We also earned more than 30 awards for safety, financial and environmental performance in the past year alone.
Peabody is committed to attracting and retaining top talent.
Peabody strives to achieve its mission by providing our employees with an empowered, collaborative work environment based on mutual trust and respect that emphasizes safe working conditions, rewards continuous improvement, innovation and creativity, and provides opportunities for job satisfaction and career advancement.
If you thrive in an environment that encourages innovation, collaboration, teamwork, problem-solving and customer satisfaction, consider a career with Peabody.
Welding and mechanical repairs of all mobile and stationary equipment in a safe and efficient manner. Secondary duties include minor electrical repairs.
- Ability and commitment to work safely
- Four (4) years heavy equipment maintenance experience or completion of a two (2) year associate degree in diesel or welding technology plus one year experience
- Experience in stick and wire feed MIG welding; able with the use of air-arch and oxy/acetylene cutting torches and plasma cutters.
- Able to perform welding and mechanical repairs on heavy mining equipment such as, P&H and BE shovels, draglines, and Ingersol Rand drills
Welding repairs to include, but not limited to:
- Gusset fabrication and installation
- Bore buildup in preparation for re-machining
- Car body revolving frame and boom repairs
- Handrail and ladder repair to include pipe cutting and welding
- Wear plate removal installation
- Cutting edge, teeth and adapter removal and installation
Mechanical repairs to include, but not limited to:
- Shovel, dragline and drill component rebuild/replacement
- Minor PM to include wash-down equipment, oil and filter changes, air filter changes, fuel filter changes
- Operate lube truck to be able to fuel equipment, lube equipment and change oil and filters as necessary in the field.
- Able to safely operate a steam cleaner or hot water pressure washer
- Able to remove and replace batteries, starters, alternators, battery cables, v-belts, etc
- Able to rebuild air valves and perform adjustment on air system governors
- Able to read and interpret maintenance manuals and parts books
- Able to read and use low voltage (24V) electrical, air and hydraulic schematics in performing repairs on mining equipment
- Able to work rotating shifts, weekends, and overtime when required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to:
- Reach, handle, feel or operate objects, tools or controls with hands and arms, legs and feet
- Stand, walk; sit; climb; balance; stoop; kneel; crouch, crawl, and climb ladders/steps
- Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds for a minimal distance
- Talk to, communicate with and hear others
- See (vision abilities include: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus)
- Ability to maintain mental focus and concentration
- Perform all duties day and night, on all surfaces and in all weather conditions
Note: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works:
- In outside weather conditions
- Near moving mechanical parts
- May be exposed to dusty, wet and/or humid conditions and vibration
- Occasionally works at heights and may be occasionally exposed to fumes, airborne particles or caustic chemicals, and risks of electrical shock
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud
Note: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested individuals are required to apply online at www.peabodyenergy.com to be considered for a specific opening.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer.
- The company may require a pre-employment examination by competent professionals to evaluate a persons ability to perform the essential functions.
- Candidates for employment are subject to the company’s Drug and Alcohol Testing Program, including pre-employment, for cause, post accident and random testing.
- Peabody Energy actively promotes a drug and alcohol-free workplace.
- Peabody only accepts resumes for positions posted on the Peabody Career Info site.
- Peabody is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition, it is Peabody’s policy not to discriminate in hiring practices on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, national origin, veteran status or sexual