Medical Transport Specialist (MTS)
Located in Northern California, Falcon Critical Care Transports serves over 20 counties and is contracted with the top hospital and healthcare systems in the region. We are looking for Medical Transport Specialists (MTS), both new and experienced, to join our team.
Both full-time and part-time positions are available, Falcon has immediate opportunities to start your career on the right path.
Come see what the Falcon way is all about. Enjoy working in a mid-size company that still has that family-style environment, where making connections that will last a lifetime. Falcon not only provides you with the tools to achieve your career goals, but we work with you every step of the way.
Visit our website at www.falconambulance.com and see why we are the premier provider in the Bay Area!
Why work at Falcon? We offer:
- Upward mobility in the company
- Flexible schedules and work hours
- Contracted with the #1 health provider in Northern California
- Competitive benefits
- Open teaching environment and collaborative workspace
- State-of-the-art equipment and upgraded vehicles
The Medical Transport Specialist is responsible for transporting patients in our Gurney Vans. We are looking for highly competent individuals with a strong ability to follow directions, learn quickly and provide superior customer service. Perfect for EMT students to transition straight to the Ambulance once certified!
Our MTS’ provide extended, professional services for our passengers from pickup to drop. It is a crucial role to our team and provides excellent experience to those wishing to pursue careers in medicine and medical transport.
- Transferring a patient from hospital bed to gurney or wheelchair.
- Operating a wheelchair and gurney equipped vehicle.
- Working with a partner for gurney and stair chair calls.
- Communicating with our dispatch team, hospital nurses, the passenger, and family members.
- Logging daily vehicle inspections.
- Basic patient assessments when arriving on scene.
- Driving to hospitals, residences, nursing homes, restaurants, shopping centers, airports, and even stadiums.
- Helping bring our passengers from bedside to doctor side.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be able to communicate and understand English verbally and written
Must maintain current licensure in the following:
- California Driver’s License
- CPR / BLS for Healthcare Provider American Heart Association
- Medical Examiners Certificate (required upon hire)
- Clean DMV driving record
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS of an MTS (Medical Transport Specialist):
- Must be able to perform the following tasks:
- Walk – frequently, up to 4 hours per day.
- Run – infrequently, 1-2 minutes per day.
- Stand – frequently, up to 2 hours per day.
- Sit – frequently, up to 8 hours per day.
- Kneel – frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Bend – frequently, 10-15 times per day.
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 250 lbs. infrequently (1-3 times per shift)
- Must be able to lift, push, pull, carry 150 lbs. frequently (5-10 times per shift)
- Must have ability to step up and/ or climb over obstacles.
- Must be able to climb stairs while carrying up to 150 lbs.