My name is Barry stone and I am a Staffing Specialist at VedaInfo Inc. I am reaching out to you on an exciting job opportunity with one of our clients.
Job Title – Mortgage Residential Underwriter
Location – Cincinnati, OH
Duration – Full Time plus Benefits
Responsible for rendering decisions on credit applications for First Mortgage and/or Home Equity loans based on established criteria. Determines creditworthiness and risk associated with borrower based on credit profile. Communicates decisions that most effectively mitigate credit risks for CLIENT, including data integrity and validity of information submitted. Applies understanding of established guidelines, Fair Lending and all other regulatory requirements when evaluating loan attributes while utilizing prudent underwriting judgment and experience.
1. Works under limited supervision; acquires and applies intermediate knowledge of the business, its products and processes. Uses established procedures and significant job experiences to perform moderately complex to complex work assignments and problem resolution.
2. Utilizes lending and exception authority and intermediate understanding of all aspects of Mortgage and/or Home Equity underwriting and portfolio guidelines to underwrite moderately complex to complex loan files. Assists lower level Bank Credit Underwriters with loan files as needed.
3. Reviews and evaluates credit applications to assess the loan package for approval of fraudulent activity, and provides feedback to the Processors to improve the quality of the loan files.
4. Participates in projects for process and system enhancement initiatives as assigned.
5. Maintains and applies intermediate knowledge of Real Estate underwriting business and industry practices, and adheres to established Service Level Objectives (SLOs).
– 4+ years underwriting experience.
– Intermediate knowledge of Processing, data analysis tools, and industry data sources.
– Candidates fresh out of college /GED holders can apply. Selection will be based purely on the candidate demonstrating a basic understanding of mortgages and an ability to learn quickly
Thanks & Regards,
barry at us.vedainfo.com
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Mortgage Residential Underwriter: 4 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19