Position Summary: Mortgage Loan Officer
Inside Loan Agents proactively solicit new residential mortgage business by taking qualified, live inbound calls from company generated marketing leads. They actively develop and maintain a network of relationships as a source of new mortgage loan business in the purchase and refinance markets and meet established loan quality and production goals. New American Funding is closing over $900 million in home loan funding’s each month and adding to its growing servicing portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds rapport and leverages customer relationships with existing and potential borrowers with the goal of meeting customer needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Analyze customers’ financial situations and provide the appropriate solution by advising customers as to the appropriate loan product for them.
- Excel in a fast paced environment with the ability to multitask and follow up with multiple customer and work on multiple files each and every day.
- Accept multiple live, qualified inbound leads daily.
- Lock loans at point of sale, request initial documents from the customer, and submit an initial, paperless loan package to production staff.
- Structure and price loans accurately.
- 3+ years’ full time refinance loan origination experience; call center environment preferred.
- Strong desire to succeed in a sales environment and be a top producer.
- Ability to correctly and accurately structure and price loans.
- Complete knowledge of conventional and government loan programs (purchase and refinance).
- Current CA DBO and NMLS license.
- Four or more additional state NMLS licenses preferred.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Self-motivated, self-starting professional.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Truly independent mortgage sales professional.
- Bilingual; ability to read, write and speak Spanish is a plus but not required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two or more recent years’ full time loan origination experience, preferably in a call center environment
- Minimum of four approved state licenses through the NMLS.
Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
- Mortgage: 3 years (Preferred)