Position: Customer Service Representative
Location: Tustin, CA
The Customer Service Representative works with the Inside Loan Agent Division and assists by making outbound calls and communicating with customers regarding initial interest in a home loan refinance or new home mortgage loan. The primary function of this position is outbound dialing to communicate with potential customers. By both gathering information from the customer and providing information to the loan officer as it relates the customer’s specific needs for and interests in a mortgage loan, the Customer Service Representative gains knowledge of and experience in the loan origination process. Successful Customer Service Representative effectively communicate with the customers and Loan Officers through email and telephone and provide a high level of customer service to all parties involved with the interaction in order to create an exceptional customer experience.
- Engage in conversation and establish rapport with customers via email and outbound telephone communication.
- Inquire and gather information as it relates to a customer’s financial situation and financial goals.
- Educate both customers and loan officers about next steps for a customer’s file.
- Set realistic expectations for both loan officers and customers in order to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Input data into computer system as it relates to information gathered for the mortgage loan.
- Disposition customer files appropriately depending on the interest and ability of customers to proceed with being connected with a Loan Officer to continue the loan origination process.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- 1-2 years of customer service, call center, or sales experience
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Passionate about helping customers achieve financial goals.
- One or more years’ of office or inside customer service / call center experience preferred.
- 1 or more years of experience working in the mortgage or real estate industry preferred.
- 1+ years of customer service and/or sales experience preferred.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; some college preferred.
Work Authorization: Must be able to verify identity and employment eligibility to work in the U.S.
Other Duties: This job profile is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of job duties and responsibilities, as one may perform additional related duties as assigned in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be able to lift up to ten pounds. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information. VISION: See in the normal visual range with or without correction. HEARING: Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction.[EOE/M/F/D/V. Drug-free workplace.]
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Call Center: 1 year (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off