Traveling Remote monitoring Trainer
Are you a experienced medical assistant, who is tired of the daily grind and wants to travel the US training medical Practices to transform in high quality and low cost practice using chronic care management (CCM) and Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM)
Health Wealth Safe(HWS) is looking for Exceptional and experienced Medical Assistants to support and travel with one of the rapidly growing start up company in USA
The Training Department plays a crucial role in connecting our customers to our software. The main purpose of this position is to help our customers make a smooth transformation to high quality and low cost clinics using myRemotecheckup system and provide training and customer support throughout the process.
In this position, you will travel approximately 80% of the time and you will typically be given at least 1 week advance notice about upcoming trips. You will travel both individually and with a team teaching, training and transforming the medical practice. This requires excellent presentation and communication skills as you will meet with practice management to understand the needs for each medical practice . Based on these requirements, you will customize the system and train key medical assistants and physicians on how to use the solution.
When you are not physically at a customer site, you will support current customers, prepare for future trips, and conduct follow-ups with recently installed customers from your home office.
As part of this role, you will:
- You will travel to different medical practices in different city last upto 4 weeks
- After adequate training , you will train medical practice staff how to transform practice as a high quality and low cost practice by bring CCM and RPM in the practice
What else you need to bring to this role:
- 3+ years' experience as a Medical Assistant required
- Ability to travel multiple weeks at a time by any mode of transportation including airline flights
- Strong professional presence and excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) a plus
- Ability to effectively interact with patients/customers in stressful situations
- Tech savviness and comfortable with technology
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and act with discretion
- Must be flexible, resourceful, and able to troubleshoot
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and set priorities
- A positive can-do attitude
Health wealth promotes a healthy lifestyle by providing a non-smoking environment. We encourage applicants of all ages and experience to apply, as we do not discriminate on the basis of age. HWS is a drug free workplace. All job applicants selected for employment are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check.
Who is Health Wealth Safe and MyRemoteCheckup?
Health Wealth Safe, Inc. is a healthcare technology startup providing chronic care management and remote patient monitoring through its online and on phone platform, MyRemoteCheckup.
We’re expanding rapidly and looking for qualified candidates to join our team. As a NON-CLINICAL Patient Care Navigator, you will partner with our Client Independent Physician Practices in helping patients report their wellness levels between office visits and engage in their own health-care through our smartphone apps and phone interviews.
Through these ongoing relationships, we help patients prevent avoidable emergency room visits and hospital stays and feel closer to their doctors.
You will also work directly with chronically ill patients over the phone to deliver our program’s care management services. Those services include working with the patient to complete personalized care plans, setting health-related goals, and following up every month to motivate and encourage them and measure results. You will develop lifelong relationships with patients who look forward to your calls and are grateful for your support and companionship.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $18.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Danielsville, GA (Required)
- Bachelor's (Preferred)
- customer service: 1 year (Required)
- Healthcare management: 3 years (Required)
- spanish (Preferred)
- any other language other then english, please specify (Preferred)
Willingness To Travel:
- 100% (Preferred)
- On the road
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Innovative — innovative and risk-taking
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page: