Are you ready to join the fastest growing mobile mechanic service in the US and set your own schedule? Wrench, Inc is continuing to grow and expand. We have immediate openings for Mobile Pre-Purchase Inspectors in most US cities including Seattle and surrounding areas. Come and join a dynamic, groundbreaking team that is changing the way consumers make automotive purchase decisions. Wrench offers pre-purchase inspections and mobile mechanical repairs on all makes and models of pickup trucks, SUVs and sedans, foreign and domestic, and boasts the best customer service in the game.
Wrench inspectors are self-reliant and detail-oriented, with extensive knowledge of auto maintenance.
· Do you like mobility and having a flexible schedule?
· Are you bored by normal auto repair shops?
· Do you want to help change the image of auto mechanics for customers and the public?
· Do you think a skilled trade should be respected and valued?
· If you said YES to any of these, and you have some experience with Pre-Purchase inspections, we want to hear from you!
· Pre-Purchase inspection experience and some automotive mechanic experience required – although you will generally not be making repairs, you need to have the knowledge and experience to determine a vehicles mechanical.
You will need your own personal vehicle and work tools, including the following tools prior to starting with Wrench:
- Flash light
- Volt Ohm meter
- Brake measurement tools: Depth gauge, Pad measurement tool
- Tire tread gauge
- Scan tool
- Battery load tester
- Coolant test strips
- Thermometer or infrared temp gun to check A/C output
- Jack / Jack stand / scissor lifts
- A valid state driver’s license for the state you are working in along with current vehicle insurance and registration
- Smartphone with data plan capable of running the Wrench application
- Desire to work independently and have a flexible schedule
- Tech savvy and self-starter attitude
- Strong customer-service mentality
This is a 1099 position. You would be an independent contractor and be paid a flat rate by our company for your services.
Most inspections should take under an hour. Some make take more than an hour. Your average pay would be determined by your speed and accuracy of completing the Pre-Purchase inspections. We pay will pay you $70.00 for each completed inspection.
Wrench will also provide our contractors quick and reliable support via our dedicated support team to help you with any issues that come up while in the field
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $30.00 – $70.00 per hour
- vehicle inspection: 3 years (Preferred)
- vehicle repair: 3 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Time Opportunity:
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- A job for which people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Only full-time employees eligible