Polk Mechanical is looking for the best and brightest in the market to join our high performing team. As a result of our unparalleled customer service and unique offerings our business is experiencing impressive growth and with growth comes great opportunity for those with the ambition to accomplish great things. A career at Polk is not just a job but an opportunity to join a family of people who care about each other and care about their customers. It s no wonder our business and our team are growing.
Polk Mechanical is looking for a Project Manager to join our high performing team. This role will provide overall management direction for a project or group of projects and will perform additional duties that include procuring equipment and subcontracts, monitoring and accurately projecting job costs, maintaining billing and schedules and providing technical support and leadership to the field. Additional responsibilities include providing production oversight with the project s Superintendent on the day-to-day activities of assigned projects. The Project Manager will also develop and maintain long term customer relationships to foster better communications and develop future work.
The right person for this opportunity is familiar with the industrial environment. A self starter; able to meet with customers, develop business relationships, determine customer needs, define appropriate pricing and convince the customer to allow us the opportunity to perform the work. Responsible for the overall management of industrial projects to completion ensuring the customer is 100% satisfied with the work performed. Industrial work includes light manufacturing, food process, chemical plants, paper mills and manufacturers of residential products such as insulation, roofing or paint.
- Establish project objectives, procedures and performance standards within the boundaries of corporate policy.
- Monitor/control construction projects through administrative direction of site supervision to ensure project is built on schedule and within budget.
- Manage the financial aspects of the contract (fee payment, rental equipment, etc.), to protect company s interest while simultaneously maintaining a good relationship with the client.
- Individual may be assigned additional responsibilities as directed by corporate executives.
- Familiar with setting of equipment like: conveyors, product packaging equipment, structural steel and other millwright type activities.
- Preferably possess strong knowledge in the area of piping including central plants, stainless steel piping, and all types of plastic piping.
- Although not required, Mechanical Engineering degree and/or concrete knowledge is a plus.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Paid Holidays
- Career Advancement & Training Opportunities
- Technician tool account
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance