The project management role will lead a team, key stakeholders and customers to develop and execute Information Technology & Data Analysis (IT&DA) project plans and deliverables designed to improve IT&DA Program and Project Management processes, services and governance to ensure execution success. The role will also require a high energy, enthusiastic, well organized, take charge project manager to support Product Development program.
As a Project Manager, the selected candidate will be expected to take a leadership role over specific work items within the team.
- Be willing to contribute to the development of the methodology and product management discipline.
- Have ability to adapt to changing scope, responsibilities and job requirements.
- Have a positive attitude with a strength for working with a team and with other people with varied personalities.
- Have ability to interact with the full span of IT&DA employees from senior leadership to Project Managers.
- Coordinate with other team members, project managers, managers and business system owners.
- Work with team members to determine project scope, schedule and budget based on an understanding of the system development lifecycle.
- Develop information technology (IT) project plans and deliverables per the Boeing standard Application Development and Sustaining methodology.
- Develop and maintain relationships and partnerships with strategy customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Monitor and oversee the execution of project plans; adjust plans as needed to respond to changing conditions and needs
- Identify and resolve potential risks and create mitigation plans to minimize the impact to schedule and cost.
- Monitor project deliverables to ensure compliance with quality standards.
- Follow organization standards and guidelines; implement process improvements tailored to meet project and team needs.
- Provide timely status and communication to team members, management and project stakeholders.
- Strong partnering with the organization to ensure adherence to, understanding of and effective use of all required tools and processes for managing programs and projects.
- Assisting and coaching on the execution of those programs and projects.
- Partner with the team to instantiate Project and Program Patterns based on historical and industry examples and lessons learned.
- The patterns will enable more efficient Program and Project management and the ability to leverage industry and Boeing expertise to execute as effectively as possible.
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Typical Education/Experience: Bachelor’s and typically 6 or more years’ related work experience, a Master’s degree and typically 4 or more years’ related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- 1+ years of experience supporting data and analytics projects
- 3+ years of experience with Project Management
- 3+ years of experience with Agile Project Management
- 3+ years of experience with leadership over large projects and programs requiring cross-functional engagement
- Experience with full software development life-cycle
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience in leading SAFe software development projects
- Experience with the ITG (Clarity/CAPPM)
- Experience with BORIS, TFS, Version 1, JIRA, MS Project and other PM tools
- Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) preferred
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- A strong preference to work in a collaborative team environment
- Passion for creatively solving complex problems
- Ability to be able to self-direct and succeed with minimal direction
Yes, 10 % of the Time CIO, Information & Analytics Individual Contributor No No Standard United States; The Boeing Company