Facility: LAWTON CORRECTIONAL FACILITY
Compensation Base: $15.10 per hour
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position is responsible for supervision the staff and function involving offender records management operations at a facility to ensure that all offenders remanded to the custody of the facility are confined in accordance with the order of the sentencing court and the client’s state statutes.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises a medium sized staff responsible for maintaining accurate and thorough records of all offenders within the facility, the filing of escape charges, the chairing of offender misconduct hearings, the monitoring of the parole process or the closing and transferring of files to another location or to closed offender records.
- Maintains a consolidated record card, legal file and computer record system for offenders which includes time served, sequence of sentences, all credits earned, granted or lost, jail time, warrants outstanding, detainers, misconduct reports, offender movement histories, job assignments and other related information; calculates time sewed and credits earned and distributes a monthly report of such to offenders; monitors discharges and rebills of sentences to be consecutively served, through projected release dates; audits offender files to ensure proper file contents and accuracy of time calculation records.
- Reviews and handles all legal mail dealing with certified judgment and sentences, jail time statements, detainers, and court sentence modifications; processes all offender transfers, receptions, discharges, paroles and sentence rebills which occur at the facility or district; monitors and reports the daily inmate count.
- Contacts law enforcement agencies, court officials, private attorneys, state and federal agencies, offenders and their families, all levels of department staff, and the inquiring general public concerning information such as offender locations, judgment and sentences, jail time, credits, current release dates, misconduct reports, count issues, paroles and other related information. .
- Prepares extradition paperwork; processes and monitors Interstate Agreement of Detainers paperwork; and testifies in court regarding records related matters.
- Performs other duties as assigned.