Mission Statement: Comprehend and implement your Region’s operational strategy through the production of quality, cost effective fabrication and installation documents that are consistent and timely.
Primary Purpose: Enhance corporate confidence by saving time and money on every project in your Regional Operational Unit. Lead, develop, and mold a team of detailers to be cost effective planners and decision makers. Continue to stay ahead of the technology curve. Be humble and never stop learning!
- Responsible for allocating work, coordinating resources, and quality assurance of all detailing processes in your Region.
- Promote BMCC culture, attitude, and commitment.
- Educate your team members on reading/interpreting code, on establishing and executing a plan of attack on a project, and on BMCC best practices.
- Understand, adhere to, and disseminate to your team project specific installation strategies on each job in your Region.
- Co-Manage detailing personnel and monitor outsource detailers.
- Conduct/participate in weekly staff meetings to confirm that the team is meeting deadlines, optimizing capacity, and maintaining quality.
- Participate in weekly Regional Operations Meeting.
- Work with other D-5’s to test and secure new outsource teams.
- Interview any/all new detailing candidates for hire both within and outside your Region.
- Generate effective detailing budgets both pre and post-bid where appropriate.
- Negotiate pricing and monitor actual cost/projected cost vs. budget on all Regional projects.
- Perform Performance Reviews and maintain Non Conformance Reports for your group.
- Build a means to measure and improve what it truly takes to detail a project in your Region (resources, money, and time).
- Participate in project close-out reporting/meetings to share lessons learned with the project team and all detailers in your group.
- Invite other Regional groups whenever the complexity or uniqueness of the job calls for it.
- Work with other Regional teams and corporate Detailing support team members to keep up with software developments, database improvements, BIM/VDC advancements, and all training initiatives.
- Keep your finger on the pulse of any/all software, installation, management, personnel, and/or hiring innovation in the industry at large.
- Attend other meetings, job site visits, etc. whenever necessary.
- Help organize, lead, and/or participate in any/all training opportunities at your disposal.
- Adhere to the departmental code of ethics while exemplifying high levels of professionalism and leadership that appropriately represent BMCC.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Expert communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of building systems, codes, cost, fabrication, and installation
- Experience in a leadership role with responsibility for development of others.
- Advanced software knowledge (Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage, Autodesk Fabrication CADmep, and BlueBeam preferred)
- Complete understanding of the BIM/VDC process
- Ability to maintain patience and understanding in a stress-filled environment
Bernhard is an equal employment opportunity employer. It is Bernhard’s policy to recruit, test, hire, promote, transfer, compensate, train, grant leave, and terminate based on merit and business needs, and without regard to race, creed, age, color, ancestry/national origin, sex, genetic information, pregnancy, marital status, religion, sexual orientation/sexual identity, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or other basis prohibited by law.
To staffing/placement agencies: We are not responsible for any fee related to unsolicited resumes from 3rd party staffing and placement agencies (whether submitted through this website or sent directly to an employee of Bernhard LLC or its operating companies) unless a written agreement is in place between the agency and Bernhard, LLC (“Company”) and an authorized Company representative makes a written request to the agency to assist with a requisition. Similarly, no fee will be paid for candidates who apply and claim to be represented by an agency. Any unsolicited resumes, CVs, or other candidate information submitted by an agency will become the property of Company, and no fee will be paid in the event such candidate is hired.
If you are an agency and would like to be considered for partnership with Bernhard, LLC please send your company’s information to [email protected]