CLASS TITLE: MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST
CLASSIFICATION: One FTE- Exempt (salary)
GENERAL DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES:
The mental health therapist is responsible for developing and monitoring all direct client related treatment programs and he/she provides counseling for up to 16 clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Co-facilitate with the Program Manager the client interview on admission.
- Interview client to determine strengths and needs.
- Interview other family members and case managers to determine treatment expectations.
- Review written client information provided by referral source.
2. Complete the SequelCare Assessment forms.
- This process begins with the receipt of client information from referral sources with ongoing updates throughout client stay.
- Administer formal objective assessment tools to measure social, emotional, behavioral, personality and risk needs
- Complete psychosocial history with recommendation for treatment planning activities.
3. Develop and prepare individualized treatment plans.
4. Provide assessment, individual, crises, family, and group counseling activities.
5. Provide group and individual therapy for general mental health, substance abuse, and co-occurring disorders.
6. Complete narrative and progress ratings for monthly CFT/ART report
7. Develop monthly and/or quarterly reports
8. Develop the curriculum and facilitate specialized groups (e.g., sexual behavior problems, reactive attachment disorder, borderline personality disorder, substance abuse, independent living and severe mental illness).
9. Provide clinical supervision for direct care staff during weekly meetings at the residences (if providing services in a TGH).
- Focus on staff understanding and implementing of resident treatment plan and behavior management programs.
- Discuss strategies for dealing with individual/resident issues, i.e., personal, family, etc.
10. Develop and present in-service training to direct care staff on relevant clinical topics.
11. Review the previous month’s narratives and prepare the 30 day reports. Revise the treatment plans as indicated.
12. Staff clients with psychiatrist and Residential Program Director when appropriate.
13. Consult with teachers, case managers, parents, attorneys, etc regarding the continuity of care.
14. Participate in monthly Child and Family Team and Adult Recovery Team meetings on a monthly basis, as schedule permits.
15. Review client progress with Clinical Coordinator and Clinical Director.
16. Perform other clinical duties as assigned by the Clinical Director.
17. Document all professional services in real time upon completion of the actual service.
18. Adheres to Sequel policy and practice concerning creation, editing, transmission, storage, and disposition of all Protected Health Information in compliance with HIPAA.
1. A minimum of a Master’s Degree in the behavioral health sciences or related fields
2. A minimum of one year experience working with families, children, adolescents and/or adults who have a wide range of emotional and behavioral challenges.
3. Certified or licensed (working towards) by the Arizona Board of Behavioral Health Examiners as a psychologist, social worker, substance abuse counselor, professional counselor or marriage and family therapist.
4. Must be at least 21 years of age.
5. Ability to obtain a fingerprint clearance card, or in current possession.
6. Valid Arizona Driver’s License.
7. Must pass a TB test and medical exam capable of performing the essential functions of this job.