COMHAR is a nonprofit community based organization. Our mission is to provide health and human services that empower individuals, families and communities to live healthier, self-determined lives. We are seeking a Mental Health Tech II to join our Intensive Behavioral Health Services program in Philadelphia, PA.
The MHT II will assist with day to day management of clients. The ideal candidate enjoys working in an ever-changing environment and helping those with disabilities.
REPORTS TO: Program Director
CLASSIFICATION: Full-time, Non-exempt
1. Provision of direct services to residents, including assistance with personal hygiene and tasks of daily living as needed.
2. Conducting activities with residents, including educational, community outings, social and leisure programs. Inclusion of resident’s input and suggestions in the planning process involved for all activities.
3. Assistance with all tasks necessary for maintaining a therapeutic community and residence, including assistance with meal preparation, serving, and clean up as necessary.
4. Immediate reporting of all resident crisis and/or unusual incidents to Shift Supervisor and Director.
5. Documentation in clinical charts and residential logs as required, including progress notes on assigned residents. Documentation requirements may occasionally include entering progress notes or other information on a client assigned to another staff member when that person is absent or otherwise unable to perform this duty.
6. Participation in multi-disciplinary treatment team meeting as assigned.
7. Participation in Quality Improvement Program as assigned.
8. Attendance at all meetings and training session as assigned.
9. Timely and accurate reporting of all non-emergency shift and/or program problems to Shift Supervisor and Director.
10. Compliance with all COMHAR and LTSR policies and procedures with no unauthorized exceptions.