- Job Number: 95525982831
2596 Girl's School RoadIndianapolis,IN
- Date Posted: 1/13/2021
Wexford of Indiana, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford has an exceptional opportunity for a
Mental Health Professional to join our team of healthcare professionals
at the Indiana Women's Prison in Indianapolis, Indiana. This would be for a part time on site position and part time travel.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through BlueCross BlueShield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
The Mental Health Professional is a member of the multi-disciplinary treatment team and provides clinically appropriate services under the clinical direction of a Psychologist. The Mental Health Professional will provide mental health screenings and assessments, clinical watches, treatment groups and individual sessions, as well as other clinically related activities.
- Provide clinical services, including screening, assessment, treatment planning and crisis intervention serving an adult population.
- Performs individual and group therapeutic counseling.
- Performs administrative consultations for specialized social services as determined by the specific needs of the Institution.
- Perform specific psychiatric social service work in the Medical/Mental Health Unit of a Correctional Facility.
- Assists in planning and implementing the goals and objectives of programs and projects. May direct special projects as requested.
- Experience working effectively with a multi-disciplinary treatment team, providing clinical supervision, performing consultation and teaching others.
- Provides the necessary preparation of documentation, necessary records and reports.
- Participates in interdisciplinary treatment team meetings.
- Provides documentation in accordance with unit policies, procedures, and IDOC policies when recommended and/or indicated.
- Participates in mandatory as well as elective educational activities as well as orientation of new staff, and inmate orientation.
- Attends weekly staff meetings and follows all team/unit protocols.
- Adheres to universal precautions and other appropriate infection control practices.
- Adheres to safety and security policies, and participates in disaster drills.
- Follows security regulations and policies, with consideration of clinical factors.
- Receives individual and group supervision by a licensed Psychologist.
- Completes case management responsibilities as required.
- Completes chart reviews as required.
- Engages in internal audit preparation and review process as directed by the Regional Mental Health Director.
- Appropriately recommends/offers input to multi-disciplinary team for transfers to alternate levels of care, and/or grade changes when requested.
- Participates in all mental health watches and log entries as directed.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Standard medical setting within a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmate patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
LICENSING: Fully licensed, temporary licensed or associate license in the State of Indiana in accordance with Indiana Code 25-23.6-8.5 Licensed Mental Health Counselor (LMHC) requirements, or as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or (LMFT) with license awarded by the Indiana Professional Licensing Agency.
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, or Counseling.
- At least two (2) years prior clinical experience working with forensic clients.
- Familiarity with relevant research literature, clinical assessments, procedures and methods.
- Familiarity with diagnostic nomenclature outlined in the most recent Diagnostic and Statistical Manual.
OTHER PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to assess treatment goals and write goal-directed, individualized treatment plans.
- Able to monitor and document individual behavior patterns and modify treatment plans.