We are a small, concierge medical practice seeking a motivated individual with a passion for high quality patient care and a talent for details and multitasking. This individual will perform clerical, information technology and other support functions for the assigned physician, accompanying them during patient exams working in electronic medical records. Tasks will include scribing during patient visits, direct communication with patients during and after the exam, detailing follow up needs, coordinating with other staff inside and outside the office and performing other assigned duties with the goal of supporting the physician and enabling efficiency and top care in this patient-focused environment. Staff here works as a team and this position will occasionally be asked to answer phones, check-in and register patients, and otherwise assist in office operations.
- Outstanding customer relationship skills are an absolute must – our number one priority is patient care. The applicant should have excellent communication skills and a professional demeanor on the phone and in person. The individual must be a clear, concise writer with excellent grammatical and spelling skills, and with medical terminology experience.
- The individual must be very comfortable learning and using a variety of technical applications and software and be a proficient typist (50 wpm minimum) and detailed record keeper. Experience with Athena EMR a plus.
- The medical scribe must be able to anticipate physician needs to facilitate office flow, work collaboratively with other staff, and proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality of care and relevant operations.
- One or more years of experience as a medical scribe is required.
- The successful applicant will be expected to learn and apply medical terminologies and techniques. A familiarity with medical records associated with internal medicine and cardiology is a plus.
- This individual should be very reliable, responsible and goal oriented, with a track record of reliability, a strong work ethic, and the ability work as part of a team.
- At a minimum the applicant must have a high school diploma and at least two years of college course work in a medical or related field.
- Applicants should provide a cover letter, resume, three professional references, and a medical writing sample.
Hours: 9:00 am – 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday. If patient care dictates, staff is expected to staff slightly later if needed. Weekends and office holidays are not required.
Salary: This is a salaried position with full staff benefits, which include paid holidays, vacation time and sick time, access to a SIMPLE IRA plan after one year, and consideration for annual bonuses. The salary will be commiserate with experience and skills, and is expected to fall between $22,880 – $26,000 annually.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $22,000.00 to $26,000.00 /year
- Medical Transcription: 1 year (Preferred)
- scribe: 1 year (Required)
- Athenahealth: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Coral Gables, FL (Required)