GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsible for greeting, scheduling and checking-in patients.
REPORTS TO: Operations Manager, Support Staff.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None.
- Greet patients, check photo ID’s, answer phones and schedule patient exams.
- Verify patient information and copy insurance documents.
- Scan documents into Centricity.
- Contact patients to confirm appointment time and exam preparation.
- Print charts for next day.
- Print CD’s and reports for patient’s (responsible for obtaining “Release of Medical Information” from patient).
- Look up labs and reports in Excellian.
- Responsible for handling all 911 calls and directing EMT’s where to go.
- Assist radiologists, clinic staff, referring clinics and patients on scheduling issues.
- Act as a back-up for Schedulers, Tech Assistants and/or Radiology Assistants.
- Incorporate company values into daily interactions with internal and external customers.
- Other duties may include, but are not limited to general clerical tasks, training employees (if a senior receptionist is not available), stocking and/or ordering department supplies and assisting in other departments.
Demonstrate responsibility, honesty, integrity, and regard for the privileges, rights and property of patients and employees in accordance with the highest ethical standards.
Responsible and accountable for protecting the privacy and confidentiality of Protected Health Information (PHI) and Electronic Protected Health Information (EPHI) pertaining to patients and employees.
H.S Degree or equivalent required.
6 months receptionist, scheduling or customer service experience in a medical setting preferred.
HUC or related medical administrative certification preferred.
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
- Excellent customer service/patient care skills required.
- Ability to prioritize tasks; work independently and in a team required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; effective communication with patients, referring clinics, employees, supervisors and the radiologists required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety-related work behaviors to ensure a safe work environment.
Must be competent in using a computer keyboard, email and medical scheduling systems.
DAILY PHYSICAL DEMANDS REQUIRED FOR PERFORMING ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
OF THE JOB:
Work pace: Varying Pushing/Pulling: 1-33% up to 40+ lbs.
Keyboarding: 5-6 hours Bending: 1-33%
Gripping/Grasping: 1-33% Twisting/Turning: 34-66 %
Reaching: 34-66% Kneeling/Squatting: 1-33%
Repetitive Motion: 67-100% Sitting: 67-100%
Lifting/Carrying: 1-33% up to 9 lbs. Standing/Walking: 1-33%
Normal office equipment will be used a daily basis.