Posted Date: Nov 14 2019
Are you looking for an opportunity to analyze medical and scientific data in materials that are developed to ensure GSK guidelines are met? If so, this is the opportunity for you.
As Measurement, Effectiveness, & Optimization Analyst you will be responsible for reviewing and approving promotional and non-promotion medical content to ensure compliance guidelines are met.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career.
In Medical Affairs, understanding how effectively we engage with customers, respond to their needs, share appropriate opportunities that align with their interests, share scientific evidence about our medicines that impact our customers’ clinical decisions for patient care, and deliver credible, timely content that is of high quality are all deemed critically important when determining opportunities to be more customer and patient focused.
The purpose of the Medical Measurement Effectiveness and Optimization Analyst role is to analyze and measure Medical Affairs engagement effectiveness through the use of a variety of data sources and methods/advanced analytics techniques to determine how we can optimize our Medical engagement and content delivery, identify opportunities that will better address and meet customer needs and expectations, and deliver clear insight summaries with recommendations that will drive data driven decision making with the Medical Matrix Teams (MMTs), Medical engagement strategic planning, and other areas within US Medical Affairs.
The Medical Measurement Effectiveness and Optimization analyst will develop advanced analytics solutions aligned with and guided by Medical business priorities and strategies that answer the most critical business questions around Medical measurement, effectiveness/impact, and optimization. This role will support the Director/lead of the team by using advanced analytics expertise to execute and complete analyses and develop recommendations for US Medical Affairs. This role will also evaluate and align US methods with Global measures and focus as appropriate for the US market sharing best practices and approaches with colleagues in Global, Commercial, and R&D.
This role will apply standard approaches, frameworks, and methodologies and develop an inventory of measures and studies for reference and benchmarking.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BA/BS in a quantitative sciences field required
- MA/MS in a quantitative sciences field preferred
- 2-5+ years (or up to 2 years with an advanced degree) preferred
- Up to 2 years of professional experience in developing solutions for business application and applying advanced analytics and statistical skills such as machine learning/AI, advanced decision trees, predictive modelling, experimental design, segmentation, clustering analysis, response modelling and optimization, and/or mix modelling analysis
- 2+ years preferred experience with SAS programming and/or statistical software tools such as SAS Enterprise Miner, SPSS for statistical analysis and predictive model development or R; Python, R, etc. for Machine learning
- Healthcare or life science experience preferred
- Experience applying advanced statistical, analytics, and database skills to solve business problems
- Proficient business acumen; Knowledge of the healthcare industry and environment; Knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated knowledge of data manipulation methods and establishes quality check approaches to develop a deep understanding of the pharmaceutical data assets available for usage with advanced analytics methods and applications
- Adept at learning and applying new data, advanced analytics methods and technologies; Possess and demonstrate analytic curiosity to seek out and develop potential solutions and drive continuous improvement; motivated by challenging, complex problems
- Strong understanding of statistical or other advanced analytics methods appropriate for a business problem
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both oral and written) plus project management skills; Consulting experience preferred
- Effectively builds relationships and collaborative partnerships across teams to develop a solution
- Effective at presenting complex, technical information, concepts, and analysis in a compelling and persuasive manner to non-technical audiences
- The ability to focus and thrive in times of change
- Knowledge of multivariate statistics (cluster analysis, regression models, experimental design, etc.)
- Understanding of machine learning, supervised and unsupervised modelling techniques, and probabilistic models of complex systems with “big data” sources
- Experience with SQL and in-database processing in a Teradata environment as well as data visualization tools such as Tableau, JMP, Qlikview, etc. a plus.
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Operating at pace and agile decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning.
- Sustaining energy and well-being.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, honest and open conversations.
- Budgeting and cost-consciousness.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).
GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK’s commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting For the Record site.