Q2 Solutions is a leading clinical trial laboratory services organization with end-to-end laboratory services and secure, enterprise-wide biospecimen and consent management solutions. With a relentless focus on quality and innovation, Q2 Solutions uses its global experience and scientific expertise to transform science and data into actionable medical insights that help customers improve human health. A joint venture of IQVIA (formerly QuintilesIMS) and Quest Diagnostics, Q2 Solutions combines the best of each parent organization’s clinical trials laboratory services capabilities to fulfill its mission of treating each sample as if a life depends on it.
Working under the supervision of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist, perform a variety of routine clinical testing procedures to obtain data for use in clinical trials research.
- Perform sample processing for flow cytometry.
- Perform qualitative QC checks for flow cytometry.
- Perform all equipment operation and maintenance procedures required to support flow cytometry testing in the laboratory.
- Complete all documentation required to support flow cytometry patient sample testing.
- Perform routine analysis of patient specimens according to standard operating procedures (SOPs). Evaluate specimen acceptability upon receipt and during the review of analysis results. Evaluate validity of specimen results against the algorithms displayed by the lab computer system. Document all corrective actions taken. May perform secondary review of patient results when signed-off as competent to do so for applicable instrument(s) and/or data type(s).
- Maintain quality control of all laboratory testing to ensure accurate and timely lab reporting.
- Perform pending workload review periodically during the day; find pending assays and resolve outstanding work prior to the completion of testing for the day.
- Assist in the development and writing of new medical laboratory procedures and techniques.
- Follow safety procedures as per laboratory SOPs.
- Notify appropriate staff of supply shortages.
- Participate in continuing education through self-study, attending in-services and off-site lectures and meetings.
Minimum Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years of relevant lab experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Applicable certifications and licenses as required by country, state, and/or other regulatory bodies
While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to meet the following physical demands:
- Working Indoors
- Exposure to Extreme Cold
- Exposure to Fumes/Dust/Dirt/Smoke
- Working around Equipment in Motion
- Driving/Operating Mobile Equipment
- Use of Hand Tools (power or manual)
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment
- Use of Office Equipment (computer, printer, telephone, etc.)
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and working conditions required of employees assigned to this job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job at any time
EEO Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Job ID: R1062409