Cahaba Valley Animal Clinic in Birmingham, AL seeks an experienced medical director / veterinarian to help us grow and share our passion practicing small animal medicine and surgery. We are a well-equipped, busy 3-doctor practice with a large space in a great location. Visit our website here!
Why Cahaba Valley Animal Clinic ?
- Established in 1990, we have long-standing clientele that is testament to the high-quality medicine and care we provide our clients and their pets.
- Education and Professional Development. We encourage an environment where learning and developing is a core part of what we do. We want to provide the veterinary teams every opportunity to continue to learn and grow. We want our veterinarians to have a skilled team that embraces this culture.
- Extended marketing and operational support. As a strategic partner, our veterinarians are able to focus their passion of providing exceptional patient care and lead their teams without being inundated with the day-to-day business operations. We help the practice thrive while you maintain the high quality patient care and unique individuality of what makes Cahaba Valley Animal Clinic special.
- A core belief that veterinarians should be able to pursue their passion for exceptional animal care without sacrificing a healthy work-life balance. We take the health and well-being of our team members seriously, encouraging a well-rounded quality of life with the time to enjoy your family and interests outside of work.
- 5+years of veterinary practice experience
- Valid and current state license
- Has, or is eligible to have, valid state and federal DEA licenses
- Current on recommended diagnostics, therapies, and techniques as well as available equipment and products
- A skilled veterinarian
- Skilled in providing excellent customer service and support
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer literate and familiar with veterinary practice management systems (PMS)
- Committed to practicing and upholding the highest standard of medicine and the veterinary code of ethics
- Able to delegate responsibility and achieve results with practice team members
- Capable of quality decision making
- Able to coach, correct, develop, and motivate employees
- Demonstrates excellent time and task management
- Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with team members and clients
- Generous compensation package
- Excellent benefit package that includes paid time off, health, dental, and vision insurance, 401K plus a company match, CE allowance and more
- Opportunity to grow your career
Ready to embark on a career with us? Please send your resume and cover letter for confidential consideration.