Medical Appointment Responsibilities
- Provide staff (Direct Care) coverage in the event of shortage.
- Meet with the Registered Nurse weekly, schedule consumer medical, dental, psychiatric, and all other clinical appointments, as needed.
· Ensure all recommended follow-ups occur, as noted on clinical summaries
· Ensure that all prescribed consumer medication stock is maintained, and stored properly
· Ensure that all First Aide, and personal hygiene supplies are available at all times and their inventory maintained.
- Must accompany consumers on medical appointments in the community.
- At all times on duty must ensure that the consumers are appropriately dressed and groomed, before leaving the residence.
- Must ensure that all consumer medications are administered as prescribed, and Medication Administration Records are accurately documented.
- Must ensure that bagged lunches and snacks brought into the community are appropriate to the consumer menus.
- Comply with all other duties which may be assigned by the Manager or Director.
- Must meet with the Dietician on a monthly basis, in order to assure consumer nutritional needs are met.
Direct Care Responsibilities
- Responsible for physical plant upkeep through daily maintenance of checks
- Ensure that consumer body weights are taken weekly, and data is maintained.
- Ensure that resident’s daily goals are conducted and data is appropriately maintained.
- Ensure that behavioral goals are implemented, and data is properly maintained.
- Ensure that residence vehicles are maintained, and travel log documented.
- Responsible for researching options for recreational activities, Must assist in the direct care of the consumers, as needed
- Supervise staff on shift, and make disciplinary recommendations to the Residence Manager, as needed.
- Work on all other projects as assigned by the Manager or Director
Qualifications: Superior communication skills are required. High School Diploma. Must have an unrestricted New York State Driver’s License.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- NYS Driver's License (Required)
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place