Medical Coder – Stony Brook Children’s Services, UFPC
Work Location – St. James, NY
Schedule – Full Time
Days & Hours – Monday-Friday 8:30am-5:00pm
SB Clinical Practice Management Plan, Inc. (SBCPMP) offers a variety of employment opportunities in a variety of clinical and business areas for the Physician Faculty Practices of Stony Brook Medicine. The Physician Faculty Practices span across eighteen different practice specialties and more than forty five locations across Suffolk County. SBCPMP provides billing and clinical support personnel for the Physician Faculty Practices. Learn more about the extraordinary career opportunities available and start your new career at SB Clinical Practice Management Plan Inc
SUMMARY: This incumbent is responsible for reviewing and analyzing physicians’ documentation, CPT, and ICD-9 and ICD-10 diagnosis codes. The coding function also ensures compliance with established coding guidelines, third party reimbursement policies, regulations, and accreditation guidelines
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
- Provide a variety of complex and technical assignments relating to medical coding.
- Analyze, code, and abstract information for the purpose of assigning and entering appropriate and consistent diagnoses and procedure codes for reimbursement.
- Resolve discrepancies on coding related issues.
- Review and correct rejected claims from various third party carriers.
- CPMP account notification/accounts receivable report (IDX), ICD-9/10 coding.
- Account maintenance – IDX pending report.
- Track all IDX record requests.
- Maintain PK files for validity errors.
- Monitor TES Open Encounter file.
- CLIS renewals for all sites.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by management.
- Associate’s Degree, in lieu of Associate’s Degree, two years of coding experience required.
- Requires a minimum of two years of coding experience.
- Working knowledge of coding requirements.
- Must have excellent expressive and written communication skills.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Current Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) Certification or,
- Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) Certification or,
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) Certification.
CPMP provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Job Type: Full-time
- medical coding: 2 years (Required)
- Certified Coding Specialist (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off