SHIFT: Work From Home
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. Within our ambulatory surgery division, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Medical Coder like you to be a part of our team.
As a Medical Coder, you will contribute to the company’s mission and vision by reviewing medical record documentation. You will apply appropriate coding based upon the diagnosis and procedure guidelines for code selections that adhere to HCA-ASD Coding Compliance Policies and Procedures.
What you will do in this role:
- You will code outpatient surgery center(s) records in a timely manner, including the assignment of ICD-10-CM, E/M, Procedure Categories, and HCPCS/CPT procedure codes
- You will code an average of 80-150 charts per day
- You are responsible for resolving codes and diagnosis with conflicting or unclear information by utilizing the query tool to gather additional information
- You will ensure 3M encoder updates are timely and accurate
- You will bill cases by furnishing completed assessments of billing supplies and implants
- You will be assisting with preparation for accrediting bodies and/or state reviews
- You are responsible for reviewing official data quality standards, coding guidelines, company policies and procedures, and clinical resources to assure coding knowledge and skills remain current
Qualifications you will need:
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT) or Registered Health Information Administrators (RHIA) college degree preferred
Minimum (2) years’ experience in outpatient coding and/or Health Information Management required
Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office)
Completed coursework in Human Anatomy & Physiology, Medical Terminology, Introduction to Coding (including ICD-10 and CPT) preferred
Successful completion of an ICD-10-CM training or certification curriculum; or if currently pursuing such, then completion of 50% or more of the curriculum to date with an expectation of finishing within 2 months after hire.
Must provide certification from a recognized professional coding organization, transcript from an educational institution, or similar proof of successful completion (i.e., competency assessments).
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.