Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
Ensure all cash is posted to the accounts receivable and balanced to cash received.
- Verify Insurance
- Enter all information in Continuing on new homecare clients, including plan of care, pay/bill table, units/billing codes
· Will receive daily deposit of insurance checks, and forward to appropriate parties for information.
· Will be responsible for lockbox is opened and sorted in a timely manner.
· Prepares notice of those items that cannot be applied to a specific invoice, researches and supplies back-up information.
· Post all payments and write-offs to the appropriate accounts, maintaining the highest of quality for each transaction processed.
· Determine denial codes to be used for clear communication of the reason for balance due on the statement to patients.
· Contact insurance companies on questionable EOB's.
· Verify the payment received is paid per the specific payer contract.
· Generates and processes all insurance claims.
· Ensure the posting of payments are done in a 48 hours turnaround time.
· Send Patient statement.
· Responds to billing questions received from patients.
· Knowledge of ICD-10, CPT, HCPCS, CAC and the use of modifiers preferred
· Other duties as assigned.
Requirements /Education and/or Experience
· 2+ years of Medical Billing and Collections.
· Bilingual (English and Spanish)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills. -Outstanding problem-solving and organizational abilities.
· License: CPC/ CRC / CPMA / CCA / CCH
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $14.00 – $17.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- ICD-10: 2 years (Preferred)
- Medical Billing: 2 years (Preferred)
- One location
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place