The Ophthalmic Center has been in practice for over 40 years. We are a practice that prides ourselves on treating our patients and staff like family. We hold a very positive structured work environment, with excellent management, and we are looking for staff to join our family!
- Auditing of charts for compliance.
- Applying and researching LCD/CPB/CCI edits.
- Coding with modifiers and following compliance.
- Discussing outstanding balances with patients in a professional, helpful and friendly manner.
- Checking benefits for the patients (deductible, co-insurance, co-pays) using the insurance companies’ websites, PM system, and automated phone systems.
- Preparing charts for the front desk so they are aware in what to collect.
- Posting of payments both EFT and manual.
- Verbal and written appeals with insurance companies regarding claim denials.
- Checking claim status using the websites, and when needed, calling.
- Navigating through insurance websites.
- Contacting patients who have not returned to the office to schedule an appointment.
- Using our current EMR operating system EYEMD EMR as well as our Practice
Management system, TCMS, Criterions.
- Working knowledge of medical insurance guidelines.
- Medical Coding.
- Accounts Receivable/Aging/Claim follow up.
- Patient and/or customer service.
- Working with a computer and the internet.
- Electronic Medical Record system. EYEMD A++
- Microsoft word, excel and outlook.
- Being able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Computer literate
- Communication skills via over the phone and face to face interaction.
- Ability to "smile over the phone".
- Ability to manage your tasks in a timely fashion.
- Must hold a positive attitude with patients and colleagues.
- Must be a team player.
High School Equivalency/High School Diploma
· Employer contributes toward Medical/Dental benefits.
· Employer paid Long-Term Disability policy for all employees.
· IRA plan with an employer match.
· Paid time off and paid holidays for full time employees.
TOC Eye, The Ophthalmic Center offers opportunity for growth financially, as well as teaching hands on skills. We pride ourselves in noticing talent and rewarding our staff with opportunity in our practice.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- ICD-10: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Billing: 1 year (Preferred)