TITLE: Medical Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Healthcare Practice
HOURS: Day Shift, position may require evening and weekend hours. Hours may be variable to meet office/patient needs. Location may be variable. Hours may be adjusted in response to workload demands.
- High School Graduate or equivalency, required.
- Completion of a formal MA education program or equivalent required.
- Previous Medical Assistant clinical experience in a Primary Care Physician office, or equivalent, required.
- 1 year previous experience administering medications and child immunizations, preferred.
- Previous experience working with general public, required.
- Computer skills required.
- Previous experience in medical professional billing, coding, insurance verification, desired.B. Licensure/Certification.
- Certification as Medical Assistant, or equivalent, required within 9 months of hire.
- Current BLS certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Personal Skills.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships and effective communication with peers, patients, families, physicians and other support personnel.
- Supports and contributes to the total hospital system by maintaining hospital-wide perspective and serving on department/hospital committees as requested.
- Influences the direction of Physician Office practice by maintaining composure, excellence and a positive perspective/attitude.
- Ability to promote and adapt to change in order to remain current with standards of practice and services in the physician office setting.
- Ability to apply the principles of quality care and service in the Medical Assistant role, in the physician office setting.
- Evidence of a sense of responsibility, initiative, honesty and positive attitude.
- Knowledge and ability to learn the safe use of various office equipment.
SEND LETTER OF INTEREST TO: Carrie Krampits Director of Human Resources.
DATE POSTING EFFECTIVE: January 13, 2021 thru January 19, 2021.