After years of working in the ER, our team of experienced emergency medical providers decided to create a better alternative to traditional emergency rooms where patients are subjected to long waits in crowded waiting rooms, only to receive rushed and impersonal service. Our urgent care facilities are clean, safe, and comfortable with state of the art equipment. We offer extended and weekend hours and are happy to treat patients without the need for an appointment or referral.
Direct Urgent Care and Carbon Health recently merged to deliver an exceptional end to end patient experience. Carbon Health is a new kind of healthcare network that is simple, convenient and always accessible. Carbon’s network of doctors are accessible online through our mobile app and in-person at our clinics, providing a seamless and easy healthcare experience that works with our busy lives. With smart technology, human-centric design and a team of top medical experts, Carbon Health and Direct Urgent Care are reimagining healthcare from the ground up.
We are looking for someone who is comfortable working in a fast paced, paperless environment. Tasks would include taking vitals, rooming patients, cleaning rooms, assisting with procedures, etc.
As an urgent care we see mostly lower acuity patients but we are a patient centric, modern company focused on providing patients with excellent medical care. We are filling positions in the Pasadena clinic.
We are looking for someone that is available on weekends. Looking forward to hearing from you!
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs patient care, including vital signs, height/weight; record chief complaints, current medications, allergies and documenting past history and accurately document all triage information and procedures in the EHR
- Assisting with various procedures such as incision and drainage, lacerations, and wound care
- Administers medications/vaccines via intradermal, intramuscular and subcutaneous routes
- Perform with venipuncture
- As required, performs CLIA-waived lab testing (including but not limited to urinalysis, urine pregnancy test, blood glucose testing, monospot, rapid strep and influenza testing, rapid HIV testing)
- Performs EKG and ear lavage
- Promptly and accurately reports patient’s concerns/symptoms to licensed clinic provider
- Manage the front desk and perform receptionist duties including but not limited to collecting patient demographics, verifying insurance, collecting copayment and answering phones.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must hold certificate from accredited Medical Assistant program
- Current BLS certification
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Ability to work weekdays, weekends, and holidays
- Phlebotomy experience preferred
- Great communication skills
Benefits and Perks
- Carbon Health offers competitive pay, advancement opportunities and benefits.
Full-time employees are eligible for health insurance, vacation time, sick time and a company-matching pre-tax 401K plan.
Part-time employees are eligible for vacation time, sick time and a company-matching pre-tax 401K plan.
Per diem employees are eligible for sick time.
- Carbon Health has a corporate gym membership with 24 hour fitness: All of our employees can join 24 hour fitness and their initiation fee will be waived! Your membership dues will be deducted from your regular paycheck and you will have access to over 425 locations and 24 Life e-magazine.