Assists with health management activities/programs for BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina (BCBSSC) and/or Blue Choice members.
- 50% Provides health coaching or intervention telephonically or in person for assigned health programs. Utilizes all data systems containing patient information and documents information appropriately.
- 30% Assists with the identification of areas for which there is a need for health management programs. Monitors quality indicators and develops programs to positively impact areas where improvement is warranted. Develops patient/provider educational materials for members/providers.
- 10% Assists with implementation of health management activities/programs for membership. Facilitates program to participants and focuses emphasis on medium-risk patients. Follows/updates established procedures. May conduct research and analysis of reports (monthly, quarterly, and annually).
- 10% Assists with the development of strategies to increase effectiveness of and participation in health management programs. Establishes/maintains effective communications with provider network, group, representatives, and members.
- Associate Degree in Medical Assisting OR
- Successful completion of post-secondary Medical Assistant Program.
Required Work Experience:
Three years of clinical experience.
Required Skills and Abilities:
Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, and make sound decisions.
Good judgement skills.
Demonstrated customer service and organizational skills.
Demonstrated proficiency in spelling, punctuation, and grammar skills. Ability to persuade, negotiate, or influence others. analytical or critical thinking skills.
Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information with discretion.
Required Software and Other Tools:
Ability to use standard office equipment.
Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or other work processing/spreadsheet/presentation software.
Certified Medical Assistant through the American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) or Registered Medical Assistant through American Medical Technologists (AMA) or Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA).
We participate in E-Verify and comply with the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and our subsidiary companies maintain a continuing policy of nondiscrimination in employment to promote employment opportunities for persons regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, weight, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other legally protected status. Additionally, as a federal contractor, the company maintains Affirmative Action programs to promote employment opportunities for minorities, females, disabled individuals and veterans. It is our policy to provide equal opportunities in all phases of the employment process and to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail [email protected] or call 1-800-288-2227, ext. 43172 with the nature of your request. We will make a determination regarding your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.