Assists with the development of long-range maintenance and capital improvement plans for assigned equipment in order to ensure its operability and reliability. Additionally, responsible for documenting and tracking assigned equipment risks and assessments within the Plantview software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists with ensuring that appropriate equipment health assessments are completed, maintained, and utilized in Plantview to quantify and prioritize maintenance for assigned major equipment and systems.
- Assists the Project Engineering Group and Process Owners with managing maintenance and capital projects for assigned equipment.
- Monitors actual capital expenditures and reports variances from approved budgets for assigned projects and equipment.
- Assists the Process Owners in ensuring compliance with equipment circular letters.
- Assists with evaluating and recommending the installation of new technologies to improve unit efficiency, reliability, and performance.
- Provides support to the Process Owners for developing outage work plans, equipment inspection intervals, and equipment maintenance.
- Supports the development of Preventive Maintenance (PM) and Predictive Maintenance (PdM) plans in Plantview for assigned equipment
- Facilitates communication between engineering consultants, power plant staff and Buckeye Power staff in development of technology maintenance strategies for the long-term reliability of assigned equipment.
- Assists with the development of root cause analyses and development and execution of corrective action plans for equipment failures.
- Assists with the development of capital project requests and project work scopes.
- Assists with the development and inspection methodology for assigned equipment to help facilitate long range planning.
- Assists the PdM group with documenting data in PlantView and helps analyze PdM data trends when necessary.
- Assists with the development of Construction Work Plans for generation assets owned or operated by Buckeye Power.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor s degree in engineering in a program accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET)*
Licenses and Certifications: Registration of a Professional Engineer (PE) in any U.S. State is encouraged and preferred.
- Relevant on-the-job experience or education above and beyond that described above may be substituted for part of the experience and/or education requirement
Abilities & Skills:
- Ability to utilize PlantView for analysis and risk communication for assigned equipment
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement in plant performance
- Sound business judgement
- Personal accountability
- Ability to develop an understanding of equipment circular letters
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and walk; sit; work with hands and fingers; push, pull, reach, climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; communicate with others to exchange information; and hear. The employee must have close visual acuity to analyze data, perform inspections, and view computer monitors; and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
This position could require working in extreme heat and cold both in inside and outside environments; environments containing fumes, odors, dust, gases, and high amounts of noise and vibration. Additionally, this position requires the ability to work in close quarters, narrow passageways, at heights, on grating, platforms and catwalks. Work outside normal business hours may be required.
Analytical thinking. Change leadership. Teamwork. Initiative