Mechanical Maintenance Tech
Grand Rapids, MI
Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc. is part of the Bilfinger group, a leading engineering industrial construction and maintenance company. Whether the need is for e.g. a plant upgrade or for customized maintenance support or construction solutions to meet challenging site demands, Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc. provides tailor-made solutions to meet quality, cost, and schedules requirements. The company focusses on expanding, modifying, and maintaining existing plants. Bilfinger is a five billion dollar company with thousands of highly professional employees in the USA and worldwide.
Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Perform scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment.
- Conduct routine mechanical testing of plant equipment.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test, and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters, and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations or defective material and report those, and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Conduct Safety Walk-downs to ensure the health and safety of all the workers at the facility.
Work with the Client’s operations crew to ensure that production is not affected during maintenance activities.
- High school diploma/GED; completion of a craft apprenticeship or an Associate degree in mechanical, electrical, or industrial maintenance or engineering preferred.
- 5+ years of maintenance experience; strong hydraulic, pneumatic, mechanical, and industrial skills, with some PLC, HVAC and small boiler experience preferred.
- Strong working knowledge of pumps, gearboxes, compressors, piping and valves. Knowledge of reaction vessels preferred.
- Experience with SMAW, TIG and MIG welding strongly preferred.
- Ability to work at heights.
- Ability to work while wearing a respirator or other breathing equipment.
- This position requires standing, walking, sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing/pulling, balancing, kneeling, and crawling
Be willing to work weekends and holidays in order to fully support our Client’s operational needs.
Interested applicants can review our company website at: www.is-usa.bilfinger.com
Bilfinger Industrial Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and offers competitive pay and benefits including 401(k). A background check in compliance with the fair credit reporting act and a drug screening is required.
Bilfinger Industrial Services Inc is an Equal Opportunity Employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or other legally protected characteristics.
This employer participates in E-Verify and will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
If E-Verify cannot confirm that you are authorized to work, this employer is required to give you written instructions and an opportunity to contact Department of Homeland Security (DHS) or Social Security Administration (SSA) so you can begin to resolve the issue before the employer can take any action against you, including terminating your employment.
Employers can only use E-Verify once you have accepted a job offer and completed the Form I-9.
Fraudulent employment offers
We are aware that fraudulent employment offers are being transmitted via email by people claiming to be employees or representatives of Bilfinger. Prospective candidates are provided job descriptions and employment letters and are asked to complete and return employment information forms as well as official tax forms. These job offers may look genuine and could include names of Bilfinger legal entities, Bilfinger executives, their signatures, seals of “authenticity”, the Bilfinger brand and logo.
Please be advised that these communications are FRAUDULENT and are NOT sent from anyone within or affiliated with Bilfinger. These email messages are a scam and should be treated as such. Bilfinger does not make job offers via social media, unsolicited email or without personally interviewing candidates first. We never send you cheques in order to pay contractors to set up a home office. Never send money or pass on personal details to anyone suggesting they can provide employment with Bilfinger, and never reply to an email address that does not end in @bilfinger.com.
If you receive such a message, you are advised to contact your local law enforcement agency and provide any details you may have. You also may forward the messages to [email protected]
If you are interested in an employment with Bilfinger, please submit your application in the safe environment of our global job portal only.