Are you a Mechanical Engineer that enjoys working independently to design facility HVAC, plumbing and fire protection systems?
DMVA is in the beginning of a significant capital construction campaign that includes major renovations and new construction at Ft. Indiantown Gap and locations throughout the Commonwealth.
If you are interested in shaping the facilities that support our soldiers, airmen and veterans, apply today to join our team of engineering and architectural professionals!
IMPORTANT: YOU MUST APPLY TO THIS VACANCY POSTING, MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS AND RECEIVE A SCORE. YOUR SCORE IS ONLY VALID FOR THIS SPECIFIC VACANCY. ONCE THIS POSITION IS FILLED, YOUR SCORE IS NO LONGER VALID.
- Full-time employment
- Work schedule is flexible and will be established with the employee during the hiring process.
DESCRIPTION OF WORK
As a member of the Office of Facilities and Engineering the Mechanical Engineer will work with interdisciplinary project teams to plan, design, and manage facilities and infrastructure projects.
The Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the technical development of mechanical drawings and specifications for buildings and infrastructure projects that support administration, aviation, vehicle maintenance, shooting ranges, physical fitness, dining and long term care facilities. The candidate will also assist project managers in validating potential projects, creating project program development studies, cost estimating, project scheduling, and construction administration.
Start a rewarding career, working with the PA Army and Air National Guard, and the Office of Veterans Affairs (OVA) to ensure that our soldiers, airmen and veterans have first rate facilities throughout the Commonwealth.
Watch this video (https://www.flickr.com/photos/panationalguard/40381884892/in/album-72157689769595704/) to see how you can make a difference caring for Pennsylvania’s veterans working for the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs. Come join the DMVA team, apply today!
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, TRAINING & ELIGIBILITY
- Must meet PA residency requirement – For more information on ways to meet PA residency requirements, follow the link and click on Residency
- Minimum Experience and Training Requirements – Two years as a Mechanical Engineer 2; OR four years of professional mechanical engineering experience which required work on any structural mechanical system
- Necessary Special Requirement – Possession of a Professional Engineer License issued by the Pennsylvania State Registration Board for Professional Engineers, Land Surveyors and Geologists
- This job requires possession of a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to perform essential job functions
Veterans: Pennsylvania law (51 Pa. C.S. §7103) provides employment preference for qualified veterans for appointment to many state and local government jobs. To learn more about employment preferences for veterans, go to www.employment.pa.gov/Additional%20Info/Pages/default.aspx and click the Veterans’ Preference tab or contact us at [email protected]
Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS): 711 (hearing and speech disabilities or other individuals)
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania is proud to be an equal opportunity employer supporting workplace diversity.
- Score valid for this specific posting only
- Score based on information reported on application and supplemental questions
- Provide complete and accurate information or:
- score may be lower than deserved
- application processing may be delayed
- disqualification may result
- May only test once under this announcement
- Email notice of test results provided