Energy Harbor at a Glance
Energy Harbor is a financially secure independent power producer and fully integrated retail energy provider focused on safe and best-in-class operations and financial performance. With its fleet of reliable generating resources, including substantial carbon-free generation, Energy Harbor is well positioned for long-term value creation and competitiveness in a low-carbon future and is focused on enabling a growing customer and stakeholder base to meet their environmental, social and sustainability goals.
This position will be located at the Perry Nuclear Power Plant in Perry, OH.
We are currently looking to fill multiple Engineering Co-Op positions for Summer 2021. Candidates of the following engineering disciplines may apply for these open positions:
Mechanical, Electrical, and Civil/Structural
As an Engineering Co-Op, you will have the opportunity to participate in the Co-op/Intern Professional Development Program, which is designed to cultivate professional skills and provide professional level work at Energy Harbor. Each participant will receive a personalized development plan, on-the-job training, and challenging assignments to refine skills and round out competencies.
At Energy Harbor, the co-op program is designed to prepare quality candidates for full time positions. In support of this, students are provided with the opportunity to work in different engineering units in subsequent semesters to provide a diversified Co-Op experience.
Based on your Engineering discipline, as well as the department and projects to which you are assigned, selected candidates may:
- Assist qualified engineers in developing design modification packages, including preparation of drawings, calculations, specifications and technical reports
- Support implementation of regulatory and industry code requirements
- Support qualified system engineers in maintaining and optimizing the station's current maintenance strategies
- Assisting in the development of life cycle management plans for large capital equipment
- Support program engineers in developing new engineering programs, including revising and developing procedures, performing field walk downs and verifying inputs to the new programs
- Support the optimization of engineering programs, including implementation of ongoing industry initiatives, including field testing, inspections and maintenance
- Support qualified engineers in the development of reactivity plans, maintenance of core monitoring reactor physics codes, and performance of reactivity related surveillance testing
- Support problem solving teams and resolution of emergent issues
- Interact with Operations and Maintenance organizations in support of daily plant activities
As an Energy Harbor Co-Op you will also be expected to:
- Fully participate in the Energy Harbor Co-Op/Intern program mandatory events
- Utilize knowledge, skills and abilities to work on challenging assignments and contribute to Energy Harbor’s success
- Gain understanding of the electric utility business and seize the opportunity to explore potential career paths at Energy Harbor
- Engage in candidate self-assessments and use supervisory feedback to improve your performance
- Develop career contacts and receive guidance from coaches and peers
- Network with other students
- Present to department members and leadership at the end of each session/rotation to highlight projects and contributions.
- Must be enrolled in a four (4) year accredited college/university in a degree focused on Mechanical, Electrical or Civil/Structural Engineering
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better required
- Must have the ability to work without sponsorship (now or in the future)
- Ability to commit to a minimum of two (2) CO-OP rotations. Spring, Summer or Fall (ideally)
- Must be willing to relocate to/reside near Perry, Ohio for the duration of the assignment (some candidates may be eligible for a living stipend)
- Successful completion of basic engineering coursework
- Must be able to work in both an office and plant environment with the ability to comply with safety procedures
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications and computer-aided design programs
- Positive communication skills, as well as organizational skills to prioritize and plan work, multi-task and meet project deadlines
Benefits, Compensation & Workforce Diversity
At Energy Harbor, employees are key to our success. We depend on their talents to meet the challenges of our changing business environment. We are committed to rewarding individual and team efforts through our total rewards philosophy which includes competitive pay plus incentive compensation, 401(k) savings plan with matching employer contribution, a choice of medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, and life insurance programs, as well as skills development training with tuition reimbursement. Please visit our website at www.energyharbor.com to learn more about all of our employee rewards programs. Energy Harbor proudly supports workforce diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contract. Unable to sponsor or transfer H-1B visas at this time.
Safety is a core value for Energy Harbor and is essential to all of our business activities. We ensure employees have the tools, information, and processes to perform their duties in a manner that assures safety for themselves, their co-workers, our customers and the public. Our goals are to provide a safe work environment, to maintain an accident-free, injury-free workplace, and to promote and maintain public safety. To meet these goals, we dedicate ourselves to achieving world-class safety standards.