Are you using CAD so much that you try to use CAD short cuts on every other program? Are you skilled at preparing detailed working diagrams? We are searching for an experienced Mechanical Drafter/Technician who wants to work in a challenging, but rewarding environment. You are the employee we want to be part of an exciting successful team!
What you’ll do:
- Creates 3D models of pump impellers, volutes, etc., for use in pump design, assembly drawings and part procurement. Responsible for official assembly and component drawings, along with similar instructions, derived from created models.
- Reviews project instructions to ascertain customer specifications, procedures, objectives, nature of technical problem and possible solutions such as part redesign, substitution of material or parts, or rearrangement of parts or subassemblies.
- Drafts detail drawings to request parts fabrication by machine shop or outside suppliers.
- Drafts 3D assemblies & drawings to ensure interference free assembly
- Processes creates BOMs, ECNs, dimensional prints, exploded view drawings.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What we’re looking for:
- Proficient to expert level Solidworks 3D modeling skills
- Mechanical Drafting/Design experience (3+ years) and/or 2 year Associates in Drafting, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or Technical Writing
Highly preferred skills
- Solidworks training and certifications
- Solidworks PDM Administrator
- Solidworks Composer experience
- Experience in Manufacturing industry
- Knowledge of Centrifugal Pumps
About Cornell Pump Company
We are Cornell Pump Company, a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Technologies, Inc., located in Clackamas, Oregon with more than 70 years in the business. You don’t stay in business that long without a great team. Our employees are experienced and dedicated to delivering great service. We manufacture centrifugal pumps for a wide variety of industries, including Agricultural, Industrial, Municipal, Rental and Mining.
We offer many cool Benefits
If you want to take vacation time, Cornell Pump offers paid PTO and paid Holiday time. A great 401k plan with matching contributions by the company. Two kinds of Medical plans- a PPO and a High Deductible Health Plan with an HSA, Dental and Vision coverage, Voluntary Life Insurance & AD&D . The company pays for Basic Life Insurance & AD&D, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability and an Employee Assistant Program. After you have been an employee for 6 months you are eligible to participate in the Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Also Cornell has two weeks paid Paternity/Maternity leave.
Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws, copy and paste link address into your browser for more information
Oregon OSHA Rights
Employee Polygraph Protection Act
Family and Medical Leave Act