Company: Mark Rite Lines
Location: US – Montana – Billings – MRL
The Mechanical Drafter role at MRL prepares detailed drawings, schematics of machinery and systems based on provided engineering information. These detailed drawings and schematics are essential to the manufacturing process in order to convey engineering information to fabricators, electricians and assemblers. The Mechanical Drafter will also take on design tasks as needed.
- Develop detailed design drawings for mechanical equipment and systems.
- Coordinate directly with engineers and floor personnel to design and detail mechanical components and systems.
- Troubleshoot design and drawing issues.
- Modify and make revisions to mechanical components and systems.
- Work with Engineers and Salesman to create machine layout drawings for customer approval.
- Analyze production orders utilizing product knowledge to generate preliminary designs.
- Create sales proposal drawings.
- Conducts other tasks as required.
- Associates degree in Drafting and Design, or equivalent work experience as determined by MRL. ( Prefer 5 Years’ Experience)
- Proficient in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, Microsoft Windows and Office programs.
- Strong organizational, analytical and communication skills.
- Knowledge of manual/CNC machining and welding.
- Understanding of manufacturing processes and lean principals.