Tekgard is seeking a full-time Mechanical Assembler to build environmental control units (ECUs). This position provides support for assembling sheet metal cabinets and installing components such as coils, compressors, motors, blowers, and fans into the ECU. The position requires an individual to follow established work instructions on a wide variety of units. The Mechanical Assembler should take direction from supervisors, work cooperatively with co-workers, and demonstrate a strong interest and commitment to quality of work.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assemble sheet metal cabinets for ECUs.
- Install components such as compressors, motors, blowers, fans, coils, electric heat, thermocouple wires, corner braces, and other brackets into the ECU.
- Apply tube foam as necessary.
- Apply caulk and sikaflex as necessary.
- Maintain a high level of 5's workplace organization.
- Complete traveler paperwork.
- Work with Quality Manager and Engineering to develop work instructions and procedures.
- Meet customers' product quality requirements. Report any product quality issues.
- Responsible for adherence to Tekgard Quality Manual, safety and corporate policies, Standards of Conduct, rules, and procedures.
- Offer new ideas and methods to achieve continual improvement.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform any related functions as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be detail-oriented and able to read and interpret documents such as assembly drawing, work instructions, and safety rules. Experience in mechanical assembly of refrigeration components preferred. Requires experience with basic hand tools and mechanical assembly work along with a high school diploma or GED.
The standard work schedule is 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
Tekgard is an ISO 9001 Small Business that specializes in engineering customized thermal management solutions for government and industrial applications. Located in central Pennsylvania, Tekgard has a state-of-the-art facility with over 63,000 square feet dedicated to designing, manufacturing, and testing. With over 10,000 environmental control systems deployed worldwide, Tekgard takes pride in providing a quality product that is reliable and capable of performing in any environmental condition.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 – $16.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- mechanical assembly: 1 year (Required)
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented — results-focused with strong performance culture
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Waiting period may apply
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place