The Mechanic Shop Technician diagnoses and repairs cars and trucks. Other duties include inspecting vehicles, performing routine service and keeping records of work done. The use of testing equipment following repairs to ensure that automobiles are safe to drive.
Responsibilities : Rebuild, replace or repair vehicle parts such as engines, brakes, transmission lines, electrical assemblies, and accessories.
Use Diagnostic equipment to evaluate mechanical problems in vehicles.
Keep shop, equipment, and tools in safe operating condition
Preforms tune ups, brake jobs, and other preventative maintenance on cars, trucks .
Perform other duties as assigned by management.
High school Diploma or equivalent required
Experience would be preferred.
Effective communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills required.
Ability to work in a high performance, fast-paced team environment. The ability to adapt to and work effectively within a constantly changing environment.
Proficiency with shop tools, equipment and diagnostic equipment.
Ability to walkstand on concrete for prolonged periods of times
Ability to bend, kneel and work with arms raised for prolonged periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $13.00 – $18.00 per hour
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- 8 hour shift
- One location
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place