Overview of Responsibilities:
To be a Meat Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age, and have a basic knowledge of math, weights and measures. Must have a minimum of 2 year’s meat cutting experience in the grocery or restaurant industry including leadership experience.
- Be dependable and reliable; and have the ability to work a flexible schedule that changes as the business changes including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive attitude and the ability to interact with our customers. Have good communication skills; and the ability to give direction and participate in a team environment.
- Be able to manage department budget and achieves financial goals including sales, gross margin and labor; by effectively implements promotional programs, merchandising and pricing plans by proper planning and advertising sales and specials according to the marketing plan and the budget.
- Meets labor, sales and margin goals determined in conjunction with the Store Manager, maintaining a working knowledge of personnel reports, margin reports, weekly sales numbers and financial goals. Must be able to perform other related duties as assigned.
- Be able to manage inventory, in-stock position, pricing integrity, merchandising plans, labor, security, expense control, and other operational processes to company standards.
- Be able to handle customer complaints, questions or requests for information about the various meat and meat products that Sprouts sells.
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Adhere to all safety, health, weights and measures regulations, and company recipes.
- Must be capable of standing for up to 4 hour continuously, and a total of 8 hours per shift is a must; will walk up to 2 miles per 8 hours.
- Be able to work inside a temperature controlled area
- Possess good vision is required for using sharp knives, band saw, grinder, sausage maker, box cutter, wrapping machine and tenderizer.
- Be able to lift/carry products horizontally/vertically between 25 to 90 lbs., from 4” to 60”, a distance up to 10 feet for 20 hours.
- Be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets horizontally up to 500 lbs., requiring a force of up to 85 lbs., a distance up to 100 feet for up to 5 hours.
- Be able to horizontally move racks of products weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force up to 25 lbs., for a distance up to 50 feet for up to 10 hours.
- Be able to move tables weighing up to 70 lbs., requiring a force greater than 35 lbs., a distance up to 2 feet for up to 1 hour.
Benefits: In addition to a rewarding career, Sprouts offers a comprehensive program to help support you and your family. These programs include: – Competitive pay – Sick time plan that you can use to support you or your immediate families health – Opportunities for career growth – 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts – Flexible schedules – Employee Assistance Program (EAP) Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits: – 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match – Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision – Paid parental leave for both mothers and fathers – Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care – Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage Why Sprouts:
Grow with us!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
California Residents: We collect information in accordance with California law, please see here for more information.