Materials & Equipment Coordinator / Shop Mechanic
For Growing Union Lath and Plaster Contractor
Who’s the Right Candidate
We are searching for a self-driven, highly-motivated, hard-working, communicative and experienced Materials & Equipment Coordinator / Shop Mechanic.
Who We Are
Tarlton & Son is a fast-growing, nationally awarded subcontractor based in Fresno since 1977.
Our company is a single source provider of Frame-to-Finish wall solutions on commercial and government projects. Recognized as one of the Top 50 Contractors by Walls & Ceilings magazine, we’ve built our success on our outstanding people, an excellent work environment and a unique team focus. We work hard but we have fun achieving success together.
We thrive by making commitments to our Team members and their families, building excellence, and creating collaborative processes. This is what Tarlton and Son Inc. is known for — and they’re the qualities that make our company one of the best in the construction industry.
With more than 40 years of outstanding service, Tarlton and Son Inc. is one of the best companies to work with and one of the best companies to work for. We have a very low staff turnover rate to back this up. Dedicated to both administrative & field excellence, our team is made up of some of the best and brightest in the industry, and these motivated team members are promoted from within. Together, we continue the legacy of the Tarlton standard.
What’s The Role
At Tarlton, the Materials & Equipment Coordinator / Shop Mechanic will be responsible for (1) Organization, logistics and housekeeping of materials, tools and equipment in the yard; (2) Loading and unloading trucks; and (3) Repair, maintenance and cleaning of tools and equipment.
What You Will Be Doing
Materials and equipment coordination
- Load and unload scaffolding and construction materials.
- Pick-up tools, materials and equipment from vendors or jobsites.
- Load and fuel trucks and vans for the field crews
- Materials inventory
- Order construction materials and supplies.
- Communicate regularly with Tarlton Project Managers on materials and inventory status.
- Maintain high standards of organization and housekeeping in storage buildings and yard.
- Enter inventory purchases, receipts and shipments into computer system.
- Check-in, inspect, repair, maintain, rebuild and clean stucco and plaster pumps, airless sprayers and other equipment and tools.
- Perform other repairs and maintenance as required: light electrical; well tanks; electronic gates; sprinkler systems; shop buildings; and landscape maintenance.
- Closely monitor vehicles for service and repairs; maintain records; perform light repairs and maintenance.
- Order small tools and parts.
- Organize tools and equipment storage.
- Manage tools and equipment so all trades can utilize them effectively; send them out clean and functional to maximize our project performance.
What We Are Looking For
- Self-driven individual with an extraordinary ability to work independently
- Outstanding work ethic
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills
- Highly organized
- Highly conscientious about quality of work
- Pro-active, positive and creative problem-solving skills.
- Accurate attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under time pressure
- Five to ten years mechanical repair experience
- Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish)
- Willingness to work longer, flexible hours when circumstances dictates
- Clean driving record
Why work for us
The overall success of Tarlton & Son depends on our team members. They make the difference, so we invest in them. Tarlton & Son offers a generous compensation program and benefits package to our team members that includes:
- A vibrant, growing business providing opportunity for growth
- Motivating, fun, and engaging team members
- Family-owned business with a family atmosphere interested in YOUR advancement
- High exposure opportunities to show off your completed work
- Family events
- A local full-time work opportunity
- Medical programs
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Pay of $20.00 – $25.00 per hour based on skill level and experience
We are an EEO/ADA/Veterans employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $20.00 – $25.00 per hour