Are you looking for a job to ignite and fuel the passion in your respective field? Do you have a burning desire to make a huge impact in a company and change the world while doing it?
Metamaterial Technologies Inc. (MTI) is a smart materials and photonics company that is redefining the way we use, interact, and benefit from light.
We have embarked upon a new age of multi-functional materials—also known as meta-materials—with engineered properties that go far beyond what is found in nature. Our cutting-edge patented platform technology has been developed using a variety of smart materials that are capable of drastically altering the way light can be manipulated. These thin-films can absorb, block or enhance light, allowing us to “go beyond” what was once thought possible.
MTI specializes in metamaterial research, nanofabrication, and computational electromagnetics. Through the brilliance of our engineers, we have developed a wide array of meta-material applications that encompass several industries, including aerospace and defense, healthcare, energy, education, and clean-tech. MTI is first in class when it comes to harnessing and mastering light. And through our innovation we have attracted international attention, because our ground-breaking technology is leaps and bounds ahead of its time.
MTI is headquartered in Halifax, Nova Scotia with global offices in London, England and Pleasanton, California.
We are proud to have received numerous awards including “Innovative Business of the year” award by Halifax’s Chamber of Commerce in 2016, “Employer of the year” award by Dalhousie University in 2017 and the “Red Herring” top 100 award in 2017. We are pleased to add that this year in 2019 we have been added to Global Cleantech’s top 100!
Our people are the driving force behind our successes, and our team is growing quickly. At this time, MTI offers an exciting opportunity to join our rapidly growing company as a Materials Engineer for a period of 4 to 6 months, that could be extended to a permanent position.
They will be responsible for driving development of process and materials for proprietary photomask fabrication. Conducting material analysis to verify mechanical and optical performance related to mask fabrication process technology to meet internal goals and customer requirements of Metamaterial Technologies USA, Inc.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Mask and imprint lithography material set development for process improvement.
- Find/adapt new chemicals, polymer, and UV curable materials to new process requirements.
- Characterize design performance to verify engineering requirements are met.
- Plan and execute experiments and contribute to manufacturing goals.
- Ensure program objectives and goals are met. Update management on progress.
- B.E or M.Sc. in Materials, or Chemistry.
- Authorization to work in USA.
- 3-5 Years of Materials Engineering Experience preferred, (new graduates will also be considered.)
Functional competencies/ skills required:
- Understanding and ability to apply fundamental engineering and scientific principles to diagnose, process improvement challenges and design experiments to test solutions.
- Hands-on equipment and tool operating experience (i.e. process experience).
- Education and work experience in polymer chemistry, and UV sensitive and curable polymers.
- Experience with nano-imprint and photolithography processes and materials.
- Experience in various coating and deposition technics.
- Broad knowledge of various nano-fabrication processes such as semiconductor wafer processing, surface cleaning and activation etc.
Behavioral competencies/ skills required:
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
As an experienced professional, the Material Engineer will maintain high professional standards and act in accordance with best practice. This engineer will support the development of the professional standards of the team and take a continuous approach to improvement and own personal development. As a representative of the Company, the Material Engineer will act in accordance with the Company Code of Conduct, and will also participate in the performance review process.
Now its your turn! At MTI, we “go beyond” being an employer. We are a diverse family – driven by our passion for greatness and success. Aside from the fact that your work will make a difference and help us to make a mark on the world, know that we have a fantastic work culture. This is your opportunity to learn and grow with a company who cares.
If that sounds like you, then it’s time to join.
We thank all candidates for their interest. Please note that due to the large number of resumes that we expect to receive, only the most qualified candidates will be contacted.
Preference will be given to those who can join immediately.
“Please note the selected candidate may be required to submit to any special requirements e.g., controlled goods, criminal records check, etc”